The Boston Consulting Group NAMR Experienced/Digital Recruiting Director in New York, New York
What you will do
At BCG, our consultants go deeper to solve our clients biggest challenges and make a positive, lasting impact on their businesses and the world. They bring diverse perspectives representing the multiple backgrounds that make up our team. BCG s digital teams reflect this diversity, combining digital-savvy business consultants and industry experts with a full spectrum of digital and technical specialists within our dedicated digital subsidiaries. BCG continues to require capabilities from experienced professionals for positions as senior members of our consulting teams. We work seamlessly to combine our capabilities across our teams and with those of our clients to deliver extraordinary results.
We seek an exceptional Talent Acquisition professional to help drive BCG s continued growth and success. Talent is a core strategic priority to our growth objectives and we are looking for an exceptional recruiting professional to drive candidate sourcing and management across a number of high priority topics for our North American Digital and experienced hire needs. The NAMR Experienced/Digital Recruiting Director will serve as the idea generator behind our US lateral and digital recruiting efforts, defining new strategies and tactics for identifying, engaging, and hiring the best talent working collaboratively with other members of the US recruiting team. S/he will serve as the key leader to drive recruiting for digital and technical talent and to drive recruiting for experienced hires.
The Director will need to function, in the broadest sense of the word, as a leader in BCG across the region and across various digital business units and organizations within NAMR including Platinion, TAO, Gamma, and other business units together with our Practices and offices. The Director will work closely with a wide range of constituents to drive regional recruiting efforts, ensure effective delivery of "One BCG" in our recruiting efforts.
Please note: The duties listed below may be modified based on the experience, expertise and capacity of the specific candidate identified for the role.
WHO WE AREBCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
BST is the operational heart of our business and is invaluable to our success. Roles such as finance, human resources, risk, and IT, help propel BCG forward. BST employees support the core of the organization and provide outstanding value to the business.
As a BST member, you will work with inspiring, talented, dedicated, and curious colleagues in an energizing, fast-paced environment in which people are treated with respect and help one another to succeed. Working at BCG provides you with the opportunity to grow through interesting and challenging work and to have an active voice in your personal career development.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* Minimum of 8- 10 years of work experience in a technology-oriented company and/or professional services firm with a minimum of 3 years as head of a technical, growth oriented (preferably geographically dispersed) recruiting team with direct experience or oversight of recruitment of candidates for digital roles
* Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, high growth organization with multiple strong stakeholders
* Demonstrated track record of successfully developing a strategic road map for the talent function, including setting and achieving goals, building/leading a team, identifying opportunities and driving process improvement, and increasing candidate satisfaction
* Experience leading teams and developing talent and core processes
* BA/BS degree required; Strong educational credentials with an advanced degree preferred
* Proficiency with Microsoft Windows including Excel and PowerPoint
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONKey Competencies:
* Ability to understand full range of digital capabilities and talent pools;
* Ability to connect with full range of candidates including those from highly technical (e.g., engineers) to highly strategic (e.g., digital transformation lead) to experienced hire;
* Ability to develop a process covering a broad digital talent matrix and range of targeted talent
* Able to perform successfully and produce results in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, client-oriented environment, with the raw intelligence, political savvy and interpersonal skills to build teams and relationships throughout a loosely structured organization.
* A demonstrated understanding of business operations and an appreciation for how to prioritize among demands and balance the levers that make a complex business run smoothly and productively.
* Demonstrated empathetic leadership and team management experience, including management of highly talented staff
* Excellent people management skills; ability to provide honest feedback and support in the development of employees capabilities; ability to resolve problems that affect employee performance; provide inspirational leadership and gain trust, respect and praise of direct reports
* A motivator and team player. A likable and charismatic person with strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong leadership profile, demonstrating self-confidence and enthusiasm
* Intuitive about people. Creative about how to identify and implement new approaches to address people s needs and support the growth and sustainability of the business.
* Good judgment, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style. A track record for being able to connect as a trusted peer with partners, consultants and others
* Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization
* Strong organizational and process management skills. Comfortable with multi-tasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment.
* An ability to take a big picture approach and consider the ramifications of decisions on various constituencies.
* A flexibility and comfort with ambiguity. Openness to new and innovative ideas and to change
* Able to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG s values and culture.
* An outstanding, confident communicator. Articulate and strong at influencing multiple stakeholders to adopt a new point of view.
* A maturity and seasoning that engenders respect and trust from others.
* High integrity, a positive attitude, and an ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
* Decisive, pragmatic, and reason-minded.
* Unflappable, thick skinned, and the personal fortitude to push back when necessary.
* The courage and confidence to create an environment where people are comfortable speaking up. The ability to settle disagreements as they arise.
* A stick-to-it-ness and resourcefulness to find and deliver the best outcome.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
Employer's Job# 8662BR-New York
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.