Penguin Random House LLC National Account Manager, Target - Sales in New York, New York
National Account Manager, Target - Sales
The National Account Manager will be responsible for selling and managing title base, promotions, and business relationships at Target and its supporting vendor Readerlink for the titles across all Random House adult imprints.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing, researching, and presenting all relevant titles, all backlist titles, and special promotions to accounts.
• Optimizing all front list and backlist opportunities through in-store promotions.
• Maintaining accurate and responsible co-op pool.
• Representing all Random House Adult imprints to Target and its supporting vendors in a professional, sales oriented manner clearly demonstrating an understanding of the accounts and the lists sold.
• Attending regular meetings including, but not limited to, imprint launch, strategy, and sales conference meetings and consistently provides feedback on account performance.
• Meeting with Target and vendors on a regular basis, at least once per season, to sell new lists and backlist, to gather feedback on sell-through, account news and other industry related information.
• Maintaining accurate records of transactions.
The ideal candidate possesses:
• Minimum of 3 years of prior experience selling in an account facing role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Strong follow up skills
• Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Proactive with the ability to work well under pressure
• Excel at working within a collaborative team environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel up to 10% by car, train, or plane within the domestic U.S.
• Previous sales experience in publishing is a strong plus
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York City Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 142161
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs