Helen of Troy National Sales Manager - OXO in New York, New York
Join our Housewares Team at Helen of Troy as a National Sales Manager and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands: OXO and Hydro Flask. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
At OXO, we're on a quest to make every day better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before - especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this", then you belong here.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day and think you should, too.
*This position will be based in New York, NY and temporarily eligible for Work from Home. When our office in New York, reopens, you will be required to work from the office Monday-Friday.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the National Sales Manager will be responsible for sales and margin growth within the customer account base as well as looking for new distribution within your channels. OXO maintains a diverse account base provides from Mass Retailers, to Department Stores, to Hardware and eCommerce and everything else in-between.
This multifaceted and highly qualified sales professional will effectively drive and maintain the relationship between company, customer/rep/distributor and internal cross-functional teams to deliver best in market, channel and category service to our customers. You will uncover new OXO business opportunities, outside of assigned account base as well as growing existing customer base both horizontally and vertically.
In addition, you will:
- Developing and handling retailer specific marketing, brand building and sales incentives programs.
- Manages sales interface between OXO and customers to meet and exceed planned sales goals and channel growth strategies, while maintaining OXO's fiscal goals.
- Act as key liaison between OXO Reps to drive sales profitability in assigned channel(s).
- Analyzes retailer business, including stock, sales, merchandising, pricing, margin, product categories, and items. Introduces new items and/or categories and flushes out slow sellers to keep the product mix relevant, current, and growing in existing accounts.
- Studies retail landscape to resolve areas of opportunity and uses this information to introduce new accounts.
- Engages in cross-team communication with the Supply Chain, Customer Service, Public Relations, Brand Communications, and Art Departments, as well as the product teams to ensure products meet retailer needs, timelines, and financial goals.
- Handles representative retailer relationships, point-of-sales analysis, communication, dissemination of information to the team, meeting attendance, and preparation.
- Prepares and participates in trade shows, sales meetings, and representative meetings for each account. Follows through with the requested results and information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related profession or field
- 5+years in a sales manager role (or similar position)
- Strong oral and written English interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task skills
- Outstanding collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong analytical skills
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit
www.helenoftroy.com. You can also find us on
Facebook, Instagram and
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000 #LI-DNP.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO�, Hydro Flask�, Vicks�, Braun�, Honeywell�, PUR�, Hot Tools�, Drybar�. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.