Nexstar Media Group NewsNation/ T Howard Foundation Communications Internship Summer 2024 (NYC) in New York, New York
The primary role of the NewsNation Communications Department is to publicize and promote NewsNation’s programming, content, and talent to strengthen awareness of America’s fastest growing cable news network.
This internship is offered by NewsNation/Nexstar Media Group in partnership with The T. Howard Foundation. The Summer 2024 Internship dates are June 3, 2024 – August 23, 2024 (11 weeks)
The NewsNation Communications intern will support the communications team by performing tasks to include, but not limited to:
• Compiling & distributing daily press clippings
• Conducting research for publicists
• Maintaining and update media lists
• Drafting and editing press releases, pitches, media alerts and awards submission
• Assisting both departments with administrative needs
• Must be pursuing an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree at an accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a Visa or sponsorship
• The ability to work at NewsNation’s New York office
•Must have proficient writing skills
• Must have experience with video editing for social media
• Ideal Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
•Must be a team player
• Must be self-motivated
• Must be able to take feedback and constructive criticism
Salary Range: $16.00 Hourly
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that produces and distributes engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year. Nexstar owns America’s largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 U.S. markets reaching 212 million people. Nexstar’s national television properties include The CW, America’s fifth major broadcast network, NewsNation, America’s fastest-growing national news and entertainment cable network reaching 70 million television homes, popular entertainment multicast networks Antenna TV and Rewind TV, and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network. The Company’s portfolio of digital assets, including The Hill and BestReviews, are collectively a Top 10 U.S. digital news and information property. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering. For more information, please visit Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.