Ross Stores, Inc. Operations Analyst, Merchant Support in New York, New York
Operations Analyst, Merchant Support
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Operations Analyst will support the day to day operations of all Merchant Support Administration systems and reporting. This person will be a technical expert in the department and be a liaison with Ross IT. This associate will work to summarize and identify trends in system outputs and make recommendations on areas of improvement.
Strong collaboration, retail business systems knowledge, and the ability to independently analyze large data sets and make recommendations is a must.
- Support execution of technically complex projects, including new builds as well as fixes and improvements to existing systems architecture
- Execute and maintain accurate technical reporting and generate actionable information applicable to a wide variety of audiences
- Identify trends and hot spots in large data sets and make recommendations for improvements
- Identify and capture key baseline indicators and baseline metrics for review
- Create and maintain departmental scorecarding integrating manual and automated data sets
- Upload to and maintain data integrity for centralized data sources used by both automation and end users
- Ability and willingness to seek and incorporate input from others in order to develop collaborative solutions
- Build relationships with counterparts in Ross IT and the Ross Master Data Office
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience in Retail business systems
- Education in Library or Information Science a plus
- A solid understanding of best practices in retail or consumer goods
- RPA or automation experience a plus
- Possess the ability to influence without authority
- Ability to develop concise executive level communication and facilitate meetings that effectively drives decisions or alignment
- Ability to execute analysis of complex data
Motivated by the desire to make a difference in the business, to work with a highly talented set of peers, and to work on interesting projects
- Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- A high sense of responsibility to our customers, our users, our colleagues, and to the quality and timeliness of one’s own work
- Willingness and flexibility to jump into the details to get the job done
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment and the confidence to set a direction with limited direction (comfort with ambiguity)
- A continual desire and capability to learn
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Personal philosophy to lead by example