Helen of Troy Operations Product Engineer - OXO in New York, New York
Join our OXO Team at Helen of Troy as an Operations Product Engineer and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
At OXO, we're on a quest to make every day better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before - especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this," then you belong here.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day, and think you should, too.
*This position will be based in New York, NY and temporarily eligible for Work from Home. When our office reopens, you will be required to work from the office Monday-Friday.
What you'll be doing:
The Operations Product Engineer is tasked with supporting lifecycle management and continuous improvement activities for currently-produced products, and with a multitude of projects in support of new product development, that require detailed design engineering analysis or require technical, hands-on attention.
- Evaluates feasibility of change requests to inline product
- Completes design engineering, validation testing and documentation for engineering changes to product
- Works with manufacturing engineers to incorporate such changes
- Engineering and Operational activities related to current product refresh and Product Movements to New Factories
- Engineering activities related to product configuration, Factory Evaluation and Support
- Support to the Apo Office for specific project requirements, Factory Evaluations and Factory Consolidation Efforts
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Effective project management, collaboration and communication abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical and good with mathematics
- Energetic, enthusiastic, collaborative team-player
- Good office computer skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university; Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 2+ years of experience relevant to this role
- Experience with CAD, solid modeling, prototyping and 3D printing
- Experience designing and building mechanical or semi-automated fixtures or test rigs (80/20 construction, motors, controllers and Arduino programming, for example)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in a professional product-development or engineering environment
- Experience working with and supporting engineers and project managers
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Previous exposure to product manufacturing; plastics and injection molded part design
- Experience working in the consumer-goods realm
- Experience with Asian manufacturing and sourcing
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit
www.helenoftroy.com. You can also find us on
Facebook, Instagram and
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000 #LI-DNP.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO�, Hydro Flask�, Vicks�, Braun�, Honeywell�, PUR�, Hot Tools�, Drybar�. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.