Ross Stores, Inc. Order Processing Clerk in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Order Processing Clerk (OPC) role is an administrative function that supports the Merchandising Division by producing / organizing purchase orders and reports. Supports the purchase order cycle (writing orders, order edits, vendor follow up, etc.). The OPC is dedicated to specific businesses, supporting multiple merchants. Emphasis placed on analyzing/editing spreadsheets and purchase orders.
- Responsible for purchase order (PO) entry/updates (including re-orders and "Close Outs"). Receive order information from Merchants and enter into PO system in an accurate and timely fashion. This includes writing orders, order edits, cancellations and necessary follow-up (as directed by Buying Team) to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed.
- Displays the ability to proficiently utilize merchandising systems.
- Produce an on-going set of weekly reports (e.g. On Order Report, Item Sales Report, Sales Recaps) as well as ad hoc business reports as directed by Merchants; responsible for formatting.
- Meet departmental standards for quality, quantity and turnaround time expectations.
- Work closely with buyer and team to gain and maintain understanding of specified business area via frequent touch bases, including key vendors, preferred report formats, etc.
- Responsible for Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) maintenance. Add/delete SKU's as needed, as directed by Buying Team.
Who you are ...
- You have intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills, with an emphasis on MS Excel and Outlook
You possess strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
You must be a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills and flexibility
- You have earned a high school diploma
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change