Thornton Tomasetti Payroll Manager in New York, New York
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
This is a fabulous opportunity for a seasoned CPP who is ready to take on overall responsibility for managing and processing global payrolls. This individual contributor will report to the Controller and work closely with Finance, IT, and HR colleagues to bring best practices and business process improvements into our new HCMS and payroll environment implemented in 2018.
To lead our global payroll operations and manage our two payroll providers OSV on Workday platform and Safeguard. In order to achieve the positions goals, the successful candidate will need to be hands on, with strong systems, process and communications skills.
* Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data for a multi-state, bi-weekly payroll for over 1,000+ domestic employees.
* Responsible for administering and ensuring accuracy of monthly foreign payrolls
* Lead the payroll process to ensure all work is completed on time and accurately
* Continue to improve Workday HCMS & payroll process by ensuring payroll business processes and controls are identified, configured, and tested appropriately
* Identifies opportunities to automate current processes and implement effective controls in an effort to drive efficiency and streamline the payroll process
* Responsible for the administration of garnishments, 401K loans, and other voluntary and involuntary deductions
* Acts as point of contact with external vendor partners to resolve payroll issues and ensure timely resolution
* Resolve all payroll discrepancies, process bi-weekly adjustments, and answer employee inquiries
* Resolve payroll issues escalated by managers, implementing new procedures to mitigate future concerns
* Review timesheets, enter and reconcile all biweekly, quarterly and annual payroll reports
* Prepare accurate reports on payroll data as needed (financial audit, 401K, worker's compensation, etc.)
* Assist with year-end close procedures including the reconciliation of W-2s/W3 and year-end tax filings
* Review 941 returns and other auto-generated reports prepared by OSV and Safeguard to ensure accuracy
* Collaborate with the Finance Department as it relates to improving processes and procedures
* Coordinate with the HR and IT teams to manage implementation and maintenance of payroll related systems
* Work with HR on a regular basis to assure complete coordination of pay, benefits, deductions and recouping of missed deductions.
* Develop and document payroll procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
* Assist in preparation of internal and external audits
* Bachelor Degree and Certified Payroll Professional certification (CPP) required
* Experience with Workday payroll software is required; experience with payroll system implementations is preferred
* Demonstrated experience in driving change to streamline payroll processes and drive efficiencies
* At least 10 years of experience processing and managing payroll, including domestic and foreign
* Full knowledge of current Federal, State, and Local labor laws, tax requirement and payroll regulations.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please access the linked document by clicking select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.