Alvarez Marsal Holdings LLC PEPI - M&A - Human Capital Consultant in New York, New York
**Manager, HR M& A**
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI) - HR M& A team. With more than 4, 000 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A& M's Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice, with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving upper middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A& M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies. The companies we assess are upper middle market in the 50 million to 1 billion plus range.
Our professionals are aligned with a PEPI service line to promote the development of deep functional skills & experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Our PEPI services include:
- Interim Management
- Merger Integration & Carve-outs
- HR M& A
- Rapid Results
- Supply Chain
- CFO Services
PEPI's HR M& A team is comprised of seasoned HR consulting professionals experienced in providing practical advice to private equity clients and their portfolio companies throughout the transaction lifecycle. PEPI provides holistic, cross-functional M& A services across finance, IT, and operational functions, while the HR M& A professionals provide pre-deal and post-deal advice across a number of areas within HR. The team focuses on total rewards, talent, and HR operations.
The HR M& A practice is a specialty team within PEPI, providing a broad range of human capital support to clients on both the buy and sell side of transactions. Our transaction advisors leverage both financial and technical experience in addition to operational and industry specific experience to identify and quantify issues that may impact or shape the transaction.
Typical engagements for the HR M& A practice include:
- Pre-acquisition human capital due diligence, with a focus on employee benefits and remuneration plans including defined benefit pensions, pre and post-retirement welfare plans, and equity compensation programs
- Review and implementation of HR cost savings and revenue enhancement solutions for private equity portfolio companies
- Post-acquisition human capital consulting support, including merger integration and divestiture support.
- Workforce management following transaction activity, including organization design, talent selection, and redundancy management.
We are seeking a Manager level project manager for a dedicated PEPI HR M& A position. A strong candidate will have 5 years of experience in HR; candidates with depth in a given area will be strongly considered; including actuarial, healthcare consulting, executive compensation, or organization design. Some level of M& A experience is a requirement; depth of experience with private equity clients will be heavily considered.
The Manager will have high levels of exposure to senior M& A professionals, key client contacts, and senior management of A& M. Managers frequently work on the following types of engagements:
- Review of data rooms, interviews with management, collection and tracking of requested information
- Analytic and financial review of the total cost of human capital
- Managing divestiture and merger integration project plans
- Build and manage financial models (workforce planning tools, total rewards quantification, compensation planning, etc)
- Communication with advisory groups and ultimately the client
- Draft and delivery of Human Capital diligence reports
- Track and maintain incurred time against pre-determined budgets
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, business, accounting, or finance.
- 5-10 years of experience
- Strong analytic skills
- Prior M& A experience, with particular focus on private equity clients
- Proven track record of strong project management skills; managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines without compromising quality
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written essential.
- Flexible work schedule; M& A projects often involve tight timelines
**Diversity & Inclusion**
A& M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A& M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A& M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
**Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters**
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity