Coach Inc Planner, Retail Lifestyle in New York, New York
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Global sales trend analytics:
* Provide analysis and reporting to identify global and regional product trends
* Report global best sellers assess success of newness launches, noting key variance by region
* Measure new trends, and apply them to short- and long-range product plans and projections
* Continuously leverage analysis, product trends, and productivity to inform global assortment
Global Assortment Planning:
* Forecast new trends and study sales history to make focused investment recommendations
* Provide seasonal, global financial framework for Women's lifestyle assortment (Footwear, Ready-to-Wear, Jewelry & Accessories)
* Drive global investments against key product strategies across markets, leveraging strong business partnerships to influence business unit investment
* Succinctly summarizes investments and highlight areas of risk and opportunity
* Build actionable strategies around risks and opportunities identified in the global business
Global Inventory Optimization:
* Anticipate Open to Buy needs to support seasonal newness investment, collaborating with business unit buying partners and global inventory management team
* Recommend shipment re-routing, BU inventory sharing, and global chase opportunities based on early reads on newness sales
* Fosters effective teamwork and communication with key business partners (i.e. Product Development, Global Merchandising, Planning & Logistics, Business Unit buying teams)
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* College Degree required
* 1+ years of experience in planning, strategy, or business analytics
* Retail experience (financial services, and consulting applicable)
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Superior written, verbal communication skills to effectively communicate across all levels of management
* Strong initiative; and agility to flex across shifting priorities
* Strong sense of teamwork to coordinate with many cross-functional partners
* Strong degree of accountability, and attention to detail
* Excellent Microsoft Excel / technical skills; experience in Microsoft PowerPoint
* Experience with MicroStrategy or other BI reporting tools
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn t upset when things are up in the air; doesn t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Managerial Courage: Doesn t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-KS1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Employer's Job# 619433200
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.