The Jewish Board Porter in New York, New York
Make a bigger difference
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Porter position is a physically active role, responsible for maintaining the cleanliness, sanitary, and general safe maintenance of The Jewish Board program facilities to which the porter is assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily maintenance, cleaning, and dusting of program spaces, including; offices, kitchens, bathrooms, common areas, elevators, lobbies, corridors, stairwells, loading docks, recreational areas, facilities, storage areas, workshops, etc. Thoroughly cleaning/sanitizing all surfaces, toilets, partitions, sinks, tile surfaces, walls, doors, hardware, appliances, glass doors; replenishing janitorial supplies as required
- Performing basic grounds work including, but not limited to: mowing, raking, bagging, trimming, clipping, planting, watering, weeding; Seasonal maintenance, including snow removal as needed
- Performing light repairs, including but not limited to: painting, wall hangings, changing light bulbs, minor floor/wall repair as needed
- A High School diploma or GED preferred
- A current, valid clean Driver's license is required for this position and throughout all Porter level employment; Porters are required to drive agency vehicles in the course of providing job related services as authorized
- Three (3) years of experience as a cleaner /maintainer of diverse commercial space; or One (1) year of Trade school or Certificate program in a related field may be substituted for 2 years of experience
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Facility Support [100s]
- Job Function Operatives
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8865 - Residential/Shelter Clerical Workers
- Travel Required Yes