Apicha Community Health Center PrEP Coordinator in New York, New York
Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Position Title: PrEP Coordinator
Reports to: Assistant Director of Support Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide support to patients with PrEP and PEP by working closely with Apicha medical providers and other staff involved. Performs assessment, plan creation, and assisting patients to ensure access to medication and adherence to treatment plan as well as risk reduction plan. Assign tasks and provide case specific supervision to PrEP navigator which include but not limited to individual and group case specific discussion, chart review, and performance reviews.
• BA/BS in health, human services, psychology, and social work with one year of post bachelor’s work experience is required.
• Be able to successfully complete the Chief Medical Officer’s training/certification to conduct rapid HIV antibody and antigen testing within 60 days of hired required.
• Advanced degree in related field preferred.
• Strong socio-cultural identification or work experience with MSM POC is preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish or one of Asian language preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required
• Proactive problem solver who work well in multi-disciplinary setting.
• Good attention to details and meets tight deadline.
• Ability to communicate well with medical providers and support staff.
• Ability to work well with diverse population.
• Ability to work well within the organizational structure.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
• Ability to use common office software. (Word, Excel, Power Point). Familiarity with eCW and eSHARE preferred.
• Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis is required. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Apicha CHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V/SO