Amazon Corporate LLC Principal Technical Program Manager in New York, New York
The Advertising API team is lean, curious about new technologies, collaborative and agile, with a great spirit for building great products. We are seeking a seasoned Technical Program Manager that shares our values and vision, responsible for leading the program to roll out API-first architecture and engineering practices across the global Ads org.
Amazon Advertising provides some of Amazon's fastest growing strategic businesses, such as Sponsored Products, Sponsored Display, and Brand products. Our global advertising tools provide self-service low-latency systems for multiple performance-based advertising programs with large ad inventories. It supports both automated and advertiser-specified optimization controls and features particular integrations for using product data from across the entire Amazon catalog as a source of ad content. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth, and as such our organization's initiatives are highly visible to Amazon's executive leadership. We are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities, and have been a broad mandate to aggressively experiment and innovate.
You will work closely with engineering teams across global Ads to help them to understand and ramp up on our infrastructure to support federated API development. Your input to the future roadmap for our API infrastructure will be critical. Qualified candidates have experience running large and complex technical projects with many stakeholders. Candidates should be comfortable working at senior levels of the organization and coordinating the outcomes of multiple projects. You will partner with engineers, Principal Engineers, TPMs, and senior management to create world-class solutions. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
The ideal TPM is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities and a drive to deliver results. This opportunity requires deep technical, problem-solving and communication skills.
* Translate customer's business requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers
* Ascertain the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
* Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment for sales and marketing
* Capture, share and leverage your best practice knowledge across a broad group of engineers throughout all subsidiaries
* Partner as a technical liaison between customers and engineering teams
Professional traits which are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
* Exhibits excellent judgment
* Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
* Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
* Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
* Strong results orientation
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment/ This candidate is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
* 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
* 7+ years of technical program management experience
* Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
* BA/BS or equivalent experienceAdvertisement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.