Helen of Troy Product Development Assistant - OXO in New York, New York
We are hiring a Product Development Assistant for our New York City office.
*This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices re-open in New York, NY. Once our New York office re-opens, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday
At OXO, we're on a quest to make the everyday better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before-especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this", you belong here, too.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day and think you should, too.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
We are hiring a Product Development Assistant who will be a key member of the OXO product development team. Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, this position will assist two teams, Tools and Gadgets (Salad Spinners, Peelers, Graters, etc.) and the Baking team (Measuring cups, Scales, Whisks, etc.)
What you'll be doing
- Inputting and maintaining product data including item creation and set-up, checking bar codes, updating logistics files, etc.
- Supporting product managers and engineers with projects at all stages of the product development process, from conception to full-scale production
- Assisting with new idea generation, market research, and competitive product testing
- Working closely with Domestic & International Sales departments to provide product information, early-stage samples, delivery dates, product updates, presentation materials, etc.
- Reviewing inventor submissions
- Assisting in trade show coordination
- Communicating with product manufacturers
- Interacting with Quality, Brand Communications, Public Relations, Finance, Legal and Art Departments
- Liaise between OXO NY teams and external departments such as Consumer Services, Logistics, Customs, our warehouse, etc.
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related profession/field.
- 1 + years relevant professional experience (internships qualify)
- 2 + years of general work experience (part-time and student jobs qualify)
- Enthusiastic and self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize/juggle projects and multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Deadline oriented.
- Strong writing skills.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO�, Hydro Flask�, Vicks�, Braun�, Honeywell�, PUR�, Hot Tools�, Drybar�. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.