Coach Inc Product Development Manager, Footwear in New York, New York
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
* Extensive footwear knowledge with a focus on sneaker development
* Manage Early Development process by working with Design and Merchandising to communicate and execute concepts and aesthetic intentions .
* Collaborate with design team and global partners to execute designs, produce styles and execute all protos during the product design lifecycle.
* Work with global teams to maintain product integrity with respect to last, construction, upper & proto development.
* Partner with global team on outsole development & commercialization.
* Oversee creation and maintenance of specs sheets & ECV matrix creation from concept thru commercialization
* Partner with Material teams on ordering, allocation and sub availability for sampling.
* Manage and approve Confirmation Samples.
* Manage Wear Test Program, communicate findings and troubleshot any issues.
* Initiate strategies to improve fit, comfort and quality.
* Manage product development process with adherence to all PDT milestones.
* Analyze and manage development styles/sku requests.
* Manage and Report on seasonal Adoption Rates.
* Anticipate and troubleshoot issues, find contingency plans, drive resolution and communicate as necessary.
PRODUCT COSTING: Use knowledge of costing and shoemaking to develop cost right product.
* Manage pre-costing and develop strategies to meet/exceed margin requirement while maintaining design aesthetic.
* Manage costing process in ECV
* Drive costing activities according to PDT.
* Initiate & implement strategies aimed at improving margins.
THE ACCOMPLISHED INDIVIDUAL WILL POSSESS:
* 5-8 years experience in footwear development
* Strong knowledge of Sneaker constructions
* Ability to read & comment on outsole Blueprints
* Strong knowledge of sneaker outsole compound benefits & limitations
* Knowledge of costing, product integrity & margin
* Ability to travel to Asia as needed during development process
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator PLM and or EC Vision
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.#LI-mh1
Employer's Job# 571820800
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.