Ross Stores, Inc. Product Sourcing and Services Strategy Analyst in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Product Sourcing and Services Strategy Analyst
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity:
The Product Sourcing & Services (PSS) Strategy Analyst will play a key role in helping Ross continue to support its overall strategy, which is to present the customer with attractive bargains on apparel and goods for the home. PSS is a new group within Ross that helps Merchants execute new product strategies in a changing retail environment. The PSS Strategy team is responsible for helping stand up this new function and set the 3-5 year direction.
The PSS Strategy Analyst will report to a Director of PSS Strategy. The PSS Strategy Analyst should expect to interact frequently with key functions both within PSS (e.g., Sourcing, Direct Import Operations, Technical Services) and the broader organization (e.g., Merchandising, HR, Finance).
Support key PSS initiatives
- Play a role on key PSS Strategy initiatives, e.g., evaluate and document existing processes, coordinate business growth projections.
- Support implementation of initiatives through development of change management materials, training, and focus groups.
- Work closely with other PSS teams and relevant cross-functional partners (e.g., Merchants, Finance).
Perform practical, action oriented, and comprehensive data analysis in support of Strategic business initiatives
- Conduct analysis - including pulling data, building models and analyzing financial, operational or statistical data - to support key strategic priorities for the Company (working in conjunction with PSS Strategy team members and other key senior executives).
- Develop compelling materials to communicate results of analysis and key insights internally and externally (e.g., Buyer meetings, Strategic off-sites, PSS and Merchant Leadership meetings).
Analyze business problems and develop insights into root causes and improvement opportunities
- Understand the off-price business and diagnose key business problems. Create and execute plans to gather data and develop practical solutions.
Who you are:
- You have a college degree, preferably with an analytical background
- You have 1-3 years post college experience, preferably with a top-tier consulting firm, financial firm or retailer.
- Teamwork: Needs to be able to build effective working relationships within and outside the PSS team.
- Communication: Must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with executives at all levels of the company. Must be able to communicate effectively with Merchants.
- Outstanding analytical ability: Must have a data driven approach to solving problems. Requires very strong quantitative skills and a good sense of how to dissect problems.
- You must be able to set priorities while conducting analysis to quickly arrive at an actionable solution.
- Detail-oriented approach: Must pay close attention to details and have the drive to get things right.
- Strong fundamental business skills - must be Excel and PowerPoint proficient
- You have a clear understanding of basic financial, statistical and economic concepts
Perks and Benefits of joining our team:
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.