Educational Alliance, Inc. Program Director in New York, New York
Educational Alliance brings together and partners with diverse communities in Lower Manhattan, offering individuals and families high-quality, multi-generational programs and services that enhance their well-being and socioeconomic opportunities. We are a place where everyone is welcome and where progress is powered one relationship at a time. We provide high-quality, transformational services and programs to all New Yorkers through our network of community centers on Manhattan’s Lower East Side and East Village. As we have for 130 years, we offer best-in-class programming– now across 15 sites—focusing on a mix of education, health and wellness, arts and culture, and civic engagement.
The Program Director for the Community Schools and Youth Development (CSYD) department is a high-impact
leadership role responsible for management and supervision of expanded day programs, summer programs, and holiday camps – providing support to all programs involving primary-aged students in the assigned Educational Alliance Community School. The Program Director works from a strengths-based, solutions-focused perspective to design, implement, and refine programming that meets the educational, social and emotional needs of the children served. The Program Director works closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain a high-quality, student centered program that uses data to test promising ideas and generate best practices. The Program Director serves as a member of Educational Alliance’s CSYD Leadership Council.
· Cultivate a love for and culture of learning among students, staff, and families.
· Develop and direct all aspects of expanded day, holiday and summer programs, for up to 300 students.
· Supervise day-to-day functions of all site-based programs.
· Proactively integrates Social Emotional Learning in all program aspects, including:
· Work with the Director of Mental Health and SEL integration to implement a culturally resonant enrichment, academic, sports and
· Ensure the implementation of differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students, all of the time
· Ensures a culturally responsive, safe, inclusive, respectful and welcoming environment for students,families, staff and guests.
· Responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, supervision and coaching for direct reports, including:
· Promote professional growth and development in program staff, interns and volunteers through regular supervisions, observations,
trainings and staff meetings.
· The recruitment and retention of high-performing staff.
· The coaching and development of all staff, developing improvement plans, as needed.
· Collaborate with various stakeholders to research, understand and implement best practices suitable for communities within District#1.
· Ensure that staff have access to the supports needed to be effective, within and outside of the CSYD
· department, making appropriate referrals to departments throughout Educational Alliance.
· Ensure that the goals for all contracts related to expanded day programs (i.e. after school and extended learning time), holiday
programs and summer programs are aligned with the school’s outcomes (e.g. the school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan) and
Educational Alliances strategic plan (e.g. CSYD Logic Model, Key Performance Indicators and Fiscal Drivers).
· Responsible for meeting required indicators set out by grantors and ensuring all administrative details of the program areimplemented.
· Responsible for developing and implementing strategies that will lead to achieving program outcomes.
· Actively track attendance, chronic absenteeism, family engagement, and program referrals within the Educational Alliance network.
· Responsible for creating and implementing all systems and reports needed in advance of programs (i.e. rosters, attendance sheets,
students and staff schedules, student preference sheets, classroom assignments, etc…)
· Responsible for providing the Director of Operations, Data and Compliance with the raw data needed to enter in appropriate systems
to generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports).
· Conduct data analysis via multiple sources to understand trends, obtain feedback, integrate student voice in programming, respond to
family needs to communicate program strengths and opportunities for improvement.
· Support the implementation of research-based positive youth development curricula (e.g. BGCA,
· Educational Alliance, RULER, etc…)
· Collaborate and build sustainable partnerships within and beyond the Lower East Side community, which can augment the resources
and opportunities available within the assigned school site.
· Use data (quantitative and qualitative) to provide family events and learning opportunities.
· Responsible for creating, managing, monitoring and monthly program reports, inclusive of:
· Drafting program budgets for approval, inclusive of appropriate allocations
· Monitoring budgets, inclusive of regular meetings with the CSYD Budget Analysts
· Actively participate as a member of the CSYD Learning Community
· Work closely with the Community School Director, Director of Operations, Data and Compliance, and other members of the CSYD
Administrative Team to fulfill position role and responsibilities.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Educational Alliance
· Life-long learners who see the potential in every child and can help children see the potential in themselves
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, and an ability to work both independently and in highly
· A commitment to thinking outside of the box – dedication to creativity, innovation and fun
· Strong program management skills and a sense of ownership over the programs that drive efficiency and excellence in all aspects of
· Commitment to District #1, always working to understand the challenges, opportunities and needs of the community
· Excellent communication and relationship-building skills are essential
· Belief that parents and families are important stakeholders in their children’s social, emotional and academic growth -- recognizing
them assets in developing and implementing positive youth development programs
· Ability to work seamlessly between high-level strategy and detail-oriented work
· Ability to work well under pressure and keep track of multiple projects/deadlines.
· Passion for driving innovation, disrupting the status quo, trying new approaches, and tackling problems from many angles to find
· 3-5 years of work experience in program management preferred, but all outstanding candidates will be considered.
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
· Appropriate background checks and clearances.
· Light lifting may be required (up to 20 lbs.).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Educational Alliance takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.