Techstars Program Manager, Barclays NY in New York, New York
Techstars operates 45 Accelerator programs around the globe and we're looking for a Program Manager (PM) who can lead operations of the New York Barclays Accelerator, Powered by Techstars! The Program Manager is one third of the Accelerator program team, consisting of one operations-focused Program Manager, a partnerships focused Director and an investment-focused Managing Director (MD). The PM's focus is operations - executing on Techstars proven playbook and delivering the best possible experience for founders; the MD's focus is investment - sourcing, recruiting and investing in the best companies. PMs are responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the program, including administrative duties, budget management and planning, program and mentor scheduling and the recruiting, hiring, training and management of the seasonally hired Associate team. Experience with logistics and event planning, as well as familiarity with the early stage venture-backed company ecosystem is preferred. During the 'off-season' (not running a program), PMs have the responsibilities/objectives to work across the global Techstars network to provide mentorship to other PMs, as well as training based on best practices. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Managing Director to develop the program plan, and then own the overall responsibility for the successful execution of the program.
- Ensure program is following best practices and executing upon outlined content and curriculum of the Techstars proven playbook and delivering the best possible experience.
- Source and manage the program pipeline and CRM; Develop and track quality, operational execution and customer success metrics.
- Own the overall logistics, administrative tasks and programming of the program, including calendar management (mentors, speakers, and events).
- Manage relationships and coordinate scheduling of mentors, investors and corporate partners.
- Relationship management for Techstars' local and global network program sponsors, including coordination with the Techstars Partnership team.
- Recruiting, hiring and management of program staff, including Associates.
- Serve as the liaison between the Techstars internal team, larger network and the Music program
- Share new best practices with the Techstars' team globally as you identify areas for innovation and improvement.
- Engage with founders, mentors, and investors to ensure the successful execution of programs.
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
- Service the Techstars network overall on and off-season: mentor new PMs, assist in other programs, work on strategic initiatives, and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the Techstars ecosystem.
- 5 years of experience in fast-paced environment with a focus on business operations, project or program management
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital
- Comfortable working with varied personalities, experience-levels and industries
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience in event planning and event logistics
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities - we're lean so we all have to roll up our sleeves!
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations, as well as working in the back-end to help founders succeed
- History of delivering high quality customer satisfaction through CSAT and Net Promoter systems
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
Techstars is excited to bring a Program Manager to the New York Barclays Accelerator, Powered by Techstars team! If you're interested, we'd love to have a conversation with you about the position.
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. We pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward our vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity