City Harvest Program Operations Manager in New York, New York
City Harvest is New York City’s largest food rescue organization, helping to feed the more than 1.2 million New Yorkers who are struggling to put meals on their tables. We will rescue 61 million pounds of food this year and deliver it, free of charge, to hundreds of food pantries, soup kitchens and other community partners across the five boroughs. Our programs help food insecure New Yorkers access nutritious food that fits their needs and desires; increase our partners’ capacity; and strengthen the local food system, building a path to a food-secure future for all New Yorkers. To learn more about our work, visit CityHarvest.org.
Act as the supply chain lead for the Program Operations department driven by the needs of the agencies, programs and hungry New Yorker.Work cross functionally with all operational departments to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps where agencies, programs and end users are impacted.
- Partner closely with Food Sourcing, Transport, Warehouse, Allocations and Agency Operations to improve systems and enhance internal and external customer service.
- Identify, analyze and interpret complex network trends or patterns to better inform local and national food sourcing – i.e. seasonality, holidays, agency closures, people served data, etc.
- Monitor and analyze rejections and returns – determining root cause and designing innovative solution to mitigate issues that serve both City Harvest’s needs as well as the agency’s and client’s needs.
- Update and chart back end allocations data on a regular basis to ensure targets are accurately accounted for.
- Work with Associate Director of Agency Operations on agency target setting, monitoring and evaluation.
- JIT planning, on boarding and evaluation
- Work with Capacity Analysis team to identify appropriate avenues for new pounds to high need neighborhoods, including updating supply gap and citywide average data.
- Quarterly truck rides on challenging routes to understand and mitigate on the road delivery issues.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction; take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent.
- Ability to utilize quantitative and qualitative data in decision making process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to present and communicate findings in a clear manner to a variety of audiences.
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects at once and effectively prioritize tasks to deliver results by given deadline
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to solve operational challenges.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Comfortable with a dynamic, fast-paced environment of rapid change and evolvement.
- Ability to use multiple software platforms a plus (including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft CRM, Microsoft GP2013)
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years’ relevant work experience
- Competitive market salaries
- Full benefits offerings (incl. medical, dental, vision) with employer contributions towards premiums
- Employer provided life insurance
- Discounted staff perks (e.g. movie tickets, gym memberships, cellular plans)
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer-matching
- Generous time off
- Professional development opportunities
At City Harvest, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. City Harvest is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Title: Program Operations Manager
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Date Posted: 06/19/2019
Requisition ID: 1308