Cannon Design Project Director in New York, New York
- Develop and lead the overall strategy for project delivery on large, complex design projects.
- Lead large project teams, in conjunction with the client and other project and firm leadership, to develop project goals and work plans, to achieve design excellence, quality, budget, schedule, innovation and profitability objectives.
- In conjunction with the client and other project and firm leadership, lead the development of project goals and work plans, to achieve design excellence, quality, budget, schedule, innovation and profitability objectives.
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership, management and overall delivery success of large scale, multi-year projects - including defining project controls, managing project scope, schedule, and budget, managing risks.
- Develop a partnering relationship with the client early in an engagement to establish shared expectations and provide clarity on how we will work together, the involvement of key stakeholders, identify decision making authority and the timing of key decisions.
- Participate in negotiating the contract with other project leadership, the Business Practice Leader, Legal Team, and firm leadership. Facilitate the development, evolution and management of the work plan, budget, and schedule.
- Understand contractual obligations to the client to ensure that the team delivers on expectations for approved scope of work and required services. Work proactively with the client to identify and obtain approvals for additions to scope of work or services prior to undertaking the work. Proactively communicate with and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- Accountable for developing a risk management plan, risk mitigation and compliance plan.
- Coordinate work effort and resources across multiple teams, workstreams and interdependencies to meet milestones and ensure successful project delivery.
- Implement CannonDesign process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, quality service delivery, enhanced team productivity and profitability. Responsible for ensuring that the team meets statutory requirements for the project.
- Leverage experience and judgement to anticipate potential issues and ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation regarding design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way. Accountable for maintaining the project record, including but not limited to capturing and documenting key decisions and records within the CannonDesign standard file structure.
- Accountable for implementation of the QA/QC process. Monitor the technical quality of the projects. Enforce the application of QA/QC process standards andrequirements. Additionally, be an active participant in the QA/QC process.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities. Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way. Provide constructive feedback and mentoring to team members. Identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members. Generate and support a positive team environment: participation, empowerment, and accomplishment.
- Manage design and documentation process and implementation of the design during the construction process.
- Facilitate key meetings and presentations as required, including regular status/progress updates with clients, internal project teams and firm leadership.
- Participate in Business Development activity and proactively partner with Marketing and Office Leadership as needed to help grow top line.
- Build and maintain positive client relations throughout the life of the project.
- Work with other project management leaders in the firm to develop and share best practices and efficiencies, educating on and sharing project management skillsets including a unique Project Director Team focused, specifically large complex project delivery.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, construction, or related degree required.
- MBA or business degree a plus but not required.
- Current Licensure or registration in the United States preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of related experience managing large multi-disciplinary projects with construction budgets of over $250M.
- Healthproject experience preferred.
- Proven track record of managing projects with large complex teams that have achieved financial goals.
- Demonstrated strong client and team leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to lead clients and teams.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen, technical knowledge, coordination and communication skills and the ability to build a rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Familiarity with MS Project, Deltek Project Planning, Revit, Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision, Bluebeam as well as other data management software is required.
- Ability to travel as required.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us - and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Minimum Salary: 31200.00 Maximum Salary: 31200.00 Salary Unit: Yearly