Penguin Random House LLC Publicist, Vintage Español in New York, New York
Publicist, Vintage Español
Penguin Random House has a wonderful opportunity for a Publicist to join the Vintage Español imprint of Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. Vintage Español was founded in 1994 to publish selected works of fiction and nonfiction in Spanish. Since then, it has expanded to become one of the largest Spanish-language publishers in the United States, offering a growing list of titles across a wide variety of genres, including, in addition to fiction, sports, spirituality, self-help, personal finance and cooking, to name a few. Our authors include Gabriel García Márquez, Isabel Allende, Sandra Cisneros, Roberto Bolaño, Paulo Coelho, Julia Alvarez, Jorge RamosJose Andres, Jorge Amado, Carlos Ruiz Zafón, and Sonia Sotomayor.
As Publicist, reporting to the VP, Associate Publisher of the imprint, and working closely with the Vintage Español Publishing Director, you will work independently to execute publicity campaigns and select events while developing and maintaining relationships with media and maintaining a U.S. Spanish interest and Spanish-language media database. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team that’s focused on publishing books in Spanish and English from a wide range of very well-known and celebrated authors from across the whole division. In addition to working on front-list paperback titles and paperback originals, you will also seek out opportunities from our expansive back-list library.
• Executing all aspects of publicity campaigns for assigned titles including creating press materials, managing author events, securing national and local media, overseeing travel arrangements, and producing events.
• Discovering new media outlets to build on media contacts including traditional and digital media.
• Developing and strengthening relationships with media, booksellers, and marketplace/industry contacts.
• Working closely with authors on all aspects of publicity, including briefing authors for interviews and accompanying authors to publicity engagements.
• Presenting Vintage Español lists to broadcast, print, online media outlets, booksellers, and lecture venues.
• Collaborating with key in-house departments, including Editorial, Sales, and Subsidiary Rights.
• Creating public awareness of the imprint.
• Implementing backlist publicity and marketing initiatives for major anniversaries and pitching backlist titles with relevant news hooks.
• Creating and implementing social media campaigns on Vintage Español-dedicated Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram platforms.
• Translating press material from English to Spanish
• Create Vintage Español quarterly newsletter and maintain newsletter database
• Create marketing material for sales, library marketing and academic marketing including posters, bookmarks, flyers, and more, in coordination with Director of Advertising and Promotions
• Monitoring and updating metadata for search optimization based on trends, news hooks, seasonality, etc.
• Fluent in written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
• Strong knowledge of national and regional media Spanish interest and Spanish-language (electronic, print, and on line).
• Minimum of 2 years Hispanic media experience.
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of the media, marketplace and competition.
• Understanding of social media as a marketing tool.
• Proficient using of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 41125
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs