Penguin Random House LLC Publicity Manager - Crown and Currency in New York, New York
The Random House Publishing Group is seeking an experienced, creative, and enthusiastic publicity manager with a focus on nonfiction publicity to join the Crown and Currency imprints. This position reports to the Director of Publicity and will lead media campaigns, as well as partner on overall Random House divisional strategies, to bring the division’s portfolio of imprints to the largest possible readership. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the Crown and Currency bestselling, critically acclaimed non-fiction programs which includes titles in the current affairs, social justice, political, history, business, celebrity and memoir categories and authors such as Rachel Maddow, Erik Larson, Eddie S. Glaude Jr., Matthew McConaughey, Timothy Snyder, and Matthew Desmond.
The ideal candidate will have experience strategizing on and executing non-fiction PR campaigns, an established network of national broadcast, print and online media contacts, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Candidates should possess strong internal and external communication skills, be adept in time management, and the ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative setting.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Planning and execution of publicity campaigns across the Crown and Currency lists each season; this includes identifying possible readerships, maximizing exposure for our authors and books through earned media roll-outs, creating dynamic author events, and brainstorming ideas for engaging the sales department, outside partners and bulk sales opportunities, and social media communities.
• High-touch author care and attentive communication with authors and agents.
• Developing, researching, and maintaining strong relationships with national, online, and local media contacts.
• Attending and presenting at regular sales, publishing and integrated meetings.
• Media training and prepping authors for media and events.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in public relations
• Exceptional communication and pitching skills
• Existing relationships with national and regional media contacts
• Experience presenting in front of large groups including internal meetings
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively while also responding to urgent issues
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong passion for the non-fiction publishing industry
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York City Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 142163
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs