Penguin Random House LLC Publicity Manager, Random House Publishing Group (Open to Remote) in New York, New York
The Random House Publishing Group is seeking an experienced, creative, and enthusiastic Publicity Manager with a focus on nonfiction publicity to join the Harmony and Rodale Books imprints. Keen interest and familiarity with the health, wellness and self-help areas preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on Harmony and Rodale’s bestselling books in the health and wellness space. The titles range from self-help to inspiring memoir to diet, cooking, fitness, and parenting to “big think” non-fiction. Some of our authors include: yung pueblo, Cleo Wade, Tiffany Aliche, Michael Easter, Devon Price, Dan Harris, Rocco DiSpirito, Giada deLaurentiis, Maya Feller, Terrence Real, Peter Attia, MD, Drs John and Julie Gottman, Lisa Genova, Tiffany Jenkins, Kristin Cavallari, Kat Ashmore, and Shalane Flanagan.
This position reports to Director of Publicity for Harmony and Rodale Books, and will lead media campaigns, as well as partner on overall Random House divisional strategies, to bring the division’s portfolio of imprints to the largest possible readership.
The ideal candidate will have experience strategizing on and executing non-fiction PR campaigns, an established network of national broadcast, print and online media contacts, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Candidates should possess strong internal and external communication skills, be adept in time management, and the ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative setting.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Planning and execution of publicity campaigns across the Harmony and Rodale Books lists each season.
• High-touch author care and attentive communication with authors, agents and internal publishing team.
• Developing, researching, and maintaining strong relationships with national, online, podcast, and local media contacts.
• Writing creative and impactful press materials and pitches.
• Attending and presenting at regular sales, publishing and team meetings.
• Creating and executing dynamic author events within budgetary constraints.
• Prepping authors for media interviews and events.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• At least 4-5 years of relevant experience in public relations
• Strong verbal and written communication and pitching skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Existing relationships with national and regional media contacts, notably in the health, wellness and self-help spaces
• Must be able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively while also responding to urgent issues
• Experience and comfort presenting in front of large groups including internal meetings
• A motivated self-starter, strategic thinker and team player
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
The salary range for this position is $70,000-$72,000. Please submit a cover letter with your application. Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 300 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 256885
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs