Penguin Random House LLC Publicity Manager - Random House in New York, New York
The Random House Publishing Group is seeking an experienced, creative, and enthusiastic Publicity Manager with a specialty in fiction to join the Random House publishing group. This position reports to a Director of Publicity and will lead media campaigns, as well as partner on overall Random House divisional strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across the Random House division's bestselling, critically acclaimed and growing fiction program, with some select non-fiction work, whose authors include Imbolo Mbue, Yiyun Li, Elizabeth Strout, Glennon Doyle, Curtis Sittenfeld, Tiya Miles, Isabel Allende, Kali Fajardo-Anstine, Ann Napolitano, Andrea Bartz, Torrey Peters, and Namwali Serpell.
The ideal candidate will have experience strategizing on and executing fiction, including debut, literary, contemporary and historical fiction as well as some non-fiction PR campaigns, have an established network of national broadcast, print and online media contacts, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The candidate should possess strong communication skills, be adept in time management, and the ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative setting.
• Planning and execution of publicity campaigns across the Random House lists each season including: maximizing exposure for authors and books through earned media roll-outs, coordinate with outside partners and bulk sales opportunities, create dynamic author events, and engage creatively in social media communities.
• High-touch author care and attentive communication with authors and agents.
• Developing, researching, and maintaining strong relationships with national and regional media contacts.
• Attending and presenting at sales, publishing and integrated meetings.
• Media training and prepping authors for media and events.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in public relations
• Creative, strategic thinker, with exceptional communication and pitching skills
• Existing relationships with national and regional media contacts
• Knowledge of the marketplace and competition
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Experience pitching in front of media and presenting in front of internal and external partners
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York City Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 184605
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs