Penguin Random House LLC Publishing Assistant - Random House Children's Books in New York, New York
Publishing Assistant, Random House Children’s Books
Are you passionate about children’s books and interested in gaining entry-level experience in multiple aspects of book publishing? Random House Children’s Books is looking for a Publishing Assistant to support the Director of Paperbacks and Publishing. The assistant will work in the Publisher’s Office and will gain a broad view of the division’s publishing list and operations. The role is perfect for those who want to acquire big-picture insights into publishing as well as those who are unsure about where exactly they might fit within a major publishing house. If you’re an energetic and detail-oriented self-starter with a commitment to children’s books, then please do apply.
• Research competitive publications regularly and develop presentations to be shared division-wide.
• Assist with publishing analyses by pulling and collating data from NPD Bookscan, Edelweiss, and various internal programs, and by conducting online research and assisting in the creation of related presentations.
• Assist with the day-to-day maintenance of the paperbacks program including report pulling, routing mechanicals, drafting copy for select frontlist and backlist repackages, and initiating art forms for repackages as requested.
• Update descriptive copy that feeds out to online retailers as part of regular copy maintenance and to take advantage of various opportunities (seasonal; holiday; etc.).
• Complete reprint correction forms for select trade titles.
• Manage the calendar for ebook pricing promotions including scheduling, tracking, and communication to colleagues.
• Assist with related seasonal processes managed by the Publisher’s Office (e.g. title information sheet, web copy, and “goaling comps” reviews; list balancing; sales material decisions).
• Provide administrative support including meeting coordination, notetaking, and other daily and weekly tasks.
• Assist in coordination of seasonal List Launch meetings.
• Support the larger Publisher’s Office including the Director of Paperbacks & Publishing, Deputy Publisher, and President & Publisher on ad hoc projects that help inform the division’s strategy.
• Participate in divisional committees.
• Interest in children’s publishing is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter with impeccable attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Prior internship or related experience is preferred
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 45357
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs