RELX Publishing Intern in New York, New York
This unique internship is intended to provide the right candidate with an introduction to the journal publishing and marketing aspects of Elsevier, a leader in information and analytics for customers across the global research and health ecosystems. Our customers include academic and government institutions, individual editors and researchers, authors, readers, peer reviewers, and professional societies. It is preferred that the interested candidate has a scientific, technical, or medical background, a strong interest in learning scholarly/medical journal publishing as well as a desire to interact with professional societies, external researchers, and clinicians. This two-month internship is an opportunity to develop your passion for medicine and/or science into a career in publishing, a business that supports researchers and healthcare and other professionals and helps to advance knowledge and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society.
- helping to research a new product, service, or business model
- improving processes within our organization
- executing research on market trends and opportunities, needs, and competition
- collaborating closely with Elsevier journals staff to define and implement plans, taking into account Elsevier's overall Journals strategy
- data collection and analyses with the end goal of developing strategies and tactics consistent with Elsevier's overall journals strategy.
- develop understanding of market needs by connecting with Key Customer Groups, or Key Opinion Leaders across science, technology and medicine
The ideal candidate should:
- have, by the summer of 2021, completed their junior year and be a senior in the fall of 2021
- have a major concentration focusing on science, technology, marketing, liberal arts, or communication with an interest in science and medicine
- have proficiency with some if not all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), be comfortable learning new systems and software
- be comfortable working alone as well as with a team, know how to juggle multiple time-sensitive tasks, be able to proactively seek information to complete a project, and maintain a positive attitude in a high-pressure environment.
- have an affinity for data analyses and strategic thinking
- This internship can be done remotely and encourage all locations to apply
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.