Ross Stores, Inc. Recruitment Specialist in New York, New York
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
Responsible for full life cycle recruitment of Merchandising, Support and Temporary functions for the New York Buying Office for Ross Stores and dd’s Discounts below the Buyer level. Responsible for sourcing candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews and managing candidates through the recruiting process. Independently manage ongoing projects and reports capturing recruiting information. Research and compile information to support recruiting and organizational development projects.
- Identify potential candidates for selected open positions as directed. Develop candidates utilizing web-based searches (i.e., LinkedIn). Screen resumes for selected positions and conduct initial HR interviews with candidates to further determine candidacy.
- Maintain constant and clear interaction with the business: host kick-off meetings with hiring managers, provide updates on searches and candidate progress, etc.
- Create and maintain candidate files, as well as update the recruitment database with potential candidates and networking resources on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee reference and background check process for final candidates and ensure results meet Ross standards. Create initial offer recommendations.
- Facilitate new hire paperwork process and ensure internal communication regarding associate onboarding occurs
Execute projects and compile reports as needed (i.e., recapping open positions and candidates, researching outside companies, populating recruiting metrics reports)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer Service
- Planning/Organization/Follow Through
- Communication & Listening
- Decision Making / Problem Solving
- Quality of Work
- Results Driven / Initiative
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to assess candidates using behavioral interviewing techniques.
- Proficiency at an intermediate level in Windows Microsoft Office.
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize high volume of detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment ensuring a high quality of work.
- Maintain confidentiality of all reports and compensation information.
- Strong communication skills, for both internal and external communication