Legends Hospitality Regional Loss Prevention & Safety Specialist in New York, New York
Regional Loss Prevention and Safety Specialist
Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
You will act as a coach, trainer, mentor, and enforcer to support the risk management program at Legends.
Responsibilities can include, but are not limited to:
· Identify, develop, and implement improved loss prevention and safety measurements with risk management team,
· Conduct internal audits that have a focus on loss prevention, personal safety, and food safety, and help the team to effectively execute against company standards and requirements,
· Investigate internal and external theft and fraud and conduct applicable interviews,
· Train and assist others (managers, regional leaders, etc.) to complete their risk management responsibilities, and
· Perform trainings to large and small groups with varying levels of expertise and experience.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
· Passion for safety,
· Calm demeanor in emergency situations,
· Ability to communicate compliance requirements to all levels of the organization,
· Able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues, and
· Previous work experience in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented retail or food/beverage organization
· 2-4 years of experience in loss prevention,
· Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a safety or criminal justice related field; a combination of education and job experience will be considered,
· Ability to analyze accident data and new processes for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses,
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Must be flexible to work weekends and/or evenings as necessary, and
· Travel required (40 % or more, primarily domestic regional travel).
· Bilingual in English/Spanish,
· Shrink and/or business continuity experience,
· Knowledge of laws and regulations regarding OSHA, DOT, and Workers’ Compensation.
· Limited lifting beyond computer and accompanying paperwork, but on occasion may need to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
· Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.