Brown Brothers Harriman Relationship Manager II - PB in New York, New York
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client's financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a Relationship Manager II - Private Banking
The Relationship Manager II serves as the point person for high net worth clients, with a focus on increasingly more complex relationships, client service and portfolio management. The RM II demonstrates a high level of credibility, presence and confidence in working with clients as well as intellectual know-how (ability to answer non-routine client questions). The RM II generally handles meetings on his/her own - but may have a more senior team member tangential to an account's management. The RM II is beginning to focus on business development (from existing and new clients). Partners with Team Leader, other RMs, Relationship Associates and Wealth Planners.
Areas of Responsibility
Relationship Management & Business Development
- Effectively service clients and is the primary point person on designated accounts; handles moderately complex accounts independently. Partner with more seasoned RMs on the most complex accounts.
- Ensure all clients are highly satisfied with the service they are receiving as demonstrated by continuing to maintain their assets at BBH and referring their friends and family to the firm.
- Generate new book of business primarily through referrals from existing clients, although may also be focused on new clients (working towards allocating up to 30% of time on business development).
- Serve as first call for portfolio related questions (e.g., Investments / AIG Products / Asset Allocation / Performance).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of each element of investments and ensure that the needs of our clients are being addressed.
- Implements investment strategy to meet individual client goals and objectives. Utilizes BBH guidelines and policy to assist with development of client specific plans (e.g., asset allocation).
- Possess high level of investment knowledge (knowledge of all asset classes and their characteristics, risks, tax consequences) and judgment and demonstrate this knowledge with clients.
- Prepare for account review, account opening/closing/maintenance, and creation of client meeting materials.
Risk Management & Administration
- Exercise sound, professional investment judgment on behalf of clients, while avoiding risks to the firm and demonstrates 100% adherence to the compliance requirements of the business, including Investment Policy Statements, Know Your Customer requirements, completing documentation and written records of meetings and discussions.
- As primary day to day contact point with clients, elevate high level risk issues to Team Leader and/or CAO.
- Ensure total compliance at the account level and oversee and respond to all compliance reports (i.e., overdraft reports, approved trades, delinquent documentation, IPSs).
- Oversee all account maintenance activities, including, documentation, meeting materials and performance evaluations.
Business & Professional Leadership
- Active participation in personal and professional networks (e.g., organizations professional contacts); beginning to research/monitor industry related resources (e.g., newspapers) for the purpose of identifying potential leads (in conjunction with more seasoned RMs/TLs).
- Keep abreast of internal/external market activity and be well read and become conversant on overall market tends, including but not limited to, reading the Wall Street Journal daily
- Manage self (e.g., EDP completion) in order to develop professionally and personally by utilizing the internal resources at BBH.
- Coach, train and mentor RAs and Sr. RAs and provide input on their career development.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
BA/BS required and/or equivalent job experience
5-8 years relevant portfolio management experience involving equities, bonds, or both
Knowledge and skills
Excellent client service skills
Superior oral/written communication, analytical and thought leadership skills
Knowledge of asset allocation, trust and fiduciary principles
Strong team player
Strong work ethic
CFA, CFP, and/or MBA preferred
What We Offer:
A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself-without leaving the firm
A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective
High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.