Sun Communities, Inc. Resort Groundskeeper - Part Time in New York, New York
Resort Groundskeeper - Part Time
Adirondack Gateway RV Resort (ADI)
Do you enjoy being outdoors and working with your hands? We are looking for a Resort Groundskeeper for one of our RV resort locations. You will help us ensure the resort grounds are kept looking well-tended and attractive. Help us make our resort the kind of place guests can't wait to return to.
Resort Groundskeepers perform a variety of landscaping maintenance and snow removal duties (where applicable). They regularly mow lawns, weed, plant flowers, plow snow, remove debris from property grounds, and overall ensure our resorts are well-maintained and look presentable. Resort Groundskeepers also work to ensure our residents and guests receive quality customer service.
- Empty trash, shovel, and perform maintenance or repair duties using saws, blowers, mowers, drills or other hand tools.
- Ensure lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat weeds for weed control, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
- Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly; repair as needed.
- Pick-up trash and debris from common areas and streets on a daily basis. Empty common area trash containers as needed.
- Maintain resort vehicles and equipment.
- Report all resort maintenance issues and concerns identified while performing daily duties to manager.
- Ensure resort is presentable at all times and adheres to Sun's curb appeal standards.
- If applicable, maintain resort pool(s), testing chemical levels, adjusting appropriately.
- Safely operate vehicles for the purpose of performing job duties.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Education (some HS education required)
- Previous groundskeeping experience in the resort/hospitality industry, preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general grounds maintenance techniques
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Basic computer proficiency including the ability to use email and the internet
At Sun RV Resorts, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with an award-winning work environment and awesome perks!
- Paid sick leave
- Online access to view and update personal information, review paystubs, annual W2s, and more
- Participation in company-wide SunRewards program
- Team Member Perks & Benefits Program with hundreds of discounts on things like mobile phone service, travel, retail, and more
- Access to hundreds of online learning modules via Sun University
- Vacation RV site rent discounts at SunRV Resorts nationwide