Highgate Hotels Revenue Intern in New York, New York
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The Lexington New York City is a newly renovated, landmark Midtown East hotel that debuted as the newest member of Marriott’s Autograph Collection in Summer 2013. The hotel is only steps from the United Nations, Bloomingdales, Grand Central Terminal, Fifth Avenue shopping and walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall and Broadway theaters. The hotel has 725 newly remodeled guestrooms with modern amenities.
The Revenue Intern reports directly to the Director of Revenue, and supports the Revenue team. He/She is responsible for support of identifying and maximizing all potential revenue opportunities for the hotel. This includes the analysis of revenue potential generated by the transient and group market segments as well as the market segmentation within transient and group. One will combine this with catering and space utilization as well as other revenue considerations in order to determine the appropriate mix of business to achieve revenue potentials every day of every year.
• Supporting revenue, distribution, and online marketing with associated revenue maximization
• Follow the Revenue Strategy program/restrictions according to
• Attend daily and weekly Revenue Strategy
• Analyze prior night successes: Did the hotel sell out? Were the right decisions made for overselling? Address the opportunities in Highgate Hotel Business Review (HHBR) morning meeting.
• Completion of daily pick-up reports to monitor market demand
• Completion of daily, weekly and monthly revenue reports
• Collaborate with Director of Revenue on rate and revenue strategies
• Input and execute pricing, inventory and stay control strategies based decisions generated by Revenue Team
• Savvy computer skills with heavy emphasis on Microsoft Excel and in-depth understanding of spreadsheets and statistical methods for analyzing data
• Assist DORM for 10-21 day operational
• Monitor all extranets/emails
• Review arrivals reports and no show reports to ensure
• Comply with hotel policies on billing, routing, master accounts
• Assist in creating rate plans/groups when
• Ensure group cut off dates and room blocks are according revenue strategies
• Monitor all 3rd party and FIT rate plans
• Co-Ordinate with and monitor Central Reservations and Group Desk
• Monitor all I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
• Follow and enforce all hotel credit
• Be knowledgeable on property information (outlets, hours of operation, ) and ensure the staff is trained to communicate hotel information to callers.
• Complete weekly work schedule/payroll for reservation agents according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity
• Be familiar with all corporate sponsored programs, and ensure that staff is knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate
• Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other Will be expected to lead a team of reservation agents.
• Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of reservations, reports, restrictions
• Assist with ensuring all rates are loaded and inventory maintenance is correct
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Hospitality, preferably in Hotel Management
• Knowledge of all industry reports such as STR, Hotelligence, Market Vision, etc.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel,
• Ability to work quickly in a high-pressure & high stress environment
• Excellent time management skills
• Exceptional with details and follow up
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing name tags.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
External Job Posting Title: Revenue Intern
Job ID: 2019-9110
External Company Name: Highgate Hotels, L.P., a Delaware Limited Partnership
External Company URL: www.highgate.com
Address1: 511 Lexington Ave @48th Street