Marsh & McLennan Cos Rising Talent in Finance (RTiF) Summer Intern - 2022 College Program in New York, New York
**Summer Rising Talent in Finance (RTiF) Internship Program**
At Marsh McLennan, inclusion and diversity are fundamental business values. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and thrive. We know that colleagues with different backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and cultures bring diverse ideas that drive innovation and growth. Through our Rising Talent in Finance Program ("RTiF"), we seek out diverse individuals from historically underrepresented groups to join our team. This unique and challenging development program is for driven individuals interested in building a career in Finance at Marsh McLennan.
**WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT**
The RTIF program offers a meaningful opportunity to rising juniors and seniors in undergraduate programs to develop solutions for finance. During this 10-week program, summer interns will gain experience working within one of our Finance groups. Upon completion of the Summer Program, interns may be extended an offer to join us in a Full-Time role.
**WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU**
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Manage a project that allows you to apply finance-based principles and is instrumental to the group you join
- Ongoing mentorship and training in the field of Finance and its related disciplines with an experienced team of finance professionals
- Access to ongoing training and development via Marsh McLennan's Finance Academy
- Exposure to senior leadership
- Social and networking events throughout the summer
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
**WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE**
- Compiles financial data and quantitative analyses, in order to support sound and defensible recommendations.
- Reviews and conducts simple analysis of basic financial planning information and reports, to make recommendations to management.
- Assists with audit activities, in order to comply with requirements.
- Follows best practice policies, in order to maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
- Supports month end close process by reviewing recurring/standard and ad hoc reports, researching basic general ledger activities and variances to budget and prior year.
- Assists in the development of financial plans by identifying financial outcomes and potential returns. Evaluates financial plans by identifying financial outcomes and potential returns.
- Updates financial database by identifying sources of information and entering, verifying, and securing data. Updates financial database by identifying sources of information; entering, verifying, and securing data.
- Assists in the preparation of financial presentations using a variety of formats, displays, reproduction of charts, graphs, and econometric models.
- Supports the development of budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Improves financial planning job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies. Improves financial planning job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
**WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE TO HAVE**
- All undergraduate students considered, however, preferred candidates have an expected graduation date on or before Spring 2023
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the time of application and start date
- Majors in finance, economics, or business
- Strong critical thinking/analytic and a foundation of business communications skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Team player in a collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to be highly adaptable and high sense of urgency and drive
- You must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
MARSH MCLENNAN COMPANIES
Marsh McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $18 billion and approximately 76,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC\_Global
Marsh McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.