Marsh & McLennan Cos Risk Analyst - All Locations - Guy Carpenter College Program 2022 in New York, New York
The Risk Analyst is responsible for developing the functional skills required to coordinate all broking placement activities of the account. The Risk Analyst provides support to all account team members and contributes to strategic recommendations and problem solving for clients. The Risk Analyst should develop a broad understanding of the environment in which the insured operates, and the marketplace in which the transactions Guy Carpenter handles take place. The Risk Analyst will assist in the broking team with client and market research and financial analysis for current and prospective clients. The Risk Analyst will be responsible for communicating particulars for the account internally, including the clients budgeted revenue to management and details about the placement to GC Specialties for inclusion in market and peer studies.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data collection and analysis in building reinsurance submission for client assignments
- Assist in renewing reinsurance programs. Provide brokers with research analysis as needed.
- Update Brokers on issues, progress etc, regularly and upon request
- Assist in responding to client queries and concerns, resolving issues promptly
- Assist in monitoring accountings, (premium payments, loss collections, etc) anticipating and preventing problems when possible
- Assist with broker review on contract documentation, ensuring contract drafter has accurately captured terms and conditions of placement
- Assist in timely production of contract documentation and follow-up, ensuring timely flow of materials
- Assist with scheduling of reinsurer audits and visits with client
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of reinsurer capabilities (product lines, capacity, approvals, etc) with the help of Market Information Department and Market Reference Guide
- Analyze client risk and develop and present recommendations
- Develop broking and functional skills
Best Practice Procedures and Compliance Policies
- Understand all best practice procedures and compliance policies. When new procedures are provided, understand and adopt new procedures as rolled out, take required training and speak up with any question or concerns uncovered in your role at Guy Carpenter.
- Follow all best practice procedures and compliance requirements, including but not limited to building a complete placement file as the placement progresses to minimize errors & omissions.
- Assist broking team in designing new programs for clients' unmet needs
- Respond to client requests for information (reinsurer, financial reports, industry issues, etc), as directed by senior broker, coordinating with Market Information and other departments as necessary, and clearing with senior broker.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Relevant work experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintain good client, reinsurer, and internal relationships
- Good ability to organize and pay attention to detail
- Good verbal and writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and GC colleagues at many levels
- Good ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc
- Strong academic record in major and summer internship or other work experience
- Good problem solving skills and financial aptitude
- General knowledge of business principle and industry trends
- Good computer skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:www.mmc.com/diversity.