Citigroup Risk Program Management Portfolio Leader in New York, New York
C-16 MD – Wholesale Credit (WCR) and Personal Bank Wealth Management (PBWM) Senior Program Director - Risk & Control Program Management (R&C PMP) Portfolio
Renault ID: R21032943
The Portfolio Leader for WCR & PBWM will partner with Risk Leaders, Transformation Executions and other Risk & Control Portfolio Leaders to manage complex risk programs. Risk programs include transformation, consent order, regulatory, non-regulatory, technology and non-technology bodies of work globally. The strategic role involves direct interaction at the highest levels of leadership across all three lines of defense, including businesses, risk, internal audit, and core functions such as human resources, finance, and technology. A successful Senior Program Director will openly and constructively communicate, establish trust and credibility, effectively influence leaders, resolve complex issues, structure solutions to complex problems, and drive stakeholder engagement and accountability. A seasoned leader, with a proven track record, is required. To be successful, the person will bring deep risk management and program management experience, thought leadership, and will accept responsibility for establishing and achieving multi-year strategic objectives.
We are hiring a Managing Director to support the WCR & PBWM Risk portfolio. The MD will lead a team of risk program managers executing against highly transformational, complex programs of work. The Portfolio Leader will provide vision and help set the direction for the WCR & PBWM Risk teams to achieve long-term strategic objectives that impact the organization and management across functions. This position will report into the Risk & Control Transformation Program Management Head.
Specifically, the role is responsible for:
- Directing best-in-class program management activities across the R&C PMO and in collaboration with Transformation and Execution functions worldwide
- Owning governance and adherence to the PMO mandate, and charter, across the complete program management lifecycle including:
• designing, implementing, and maintaining governance forums, management routines, reporting, escalations, and corrective actions in accordance with the PMO charter,
• providing program management support in partnership with senior stakeholders, coordinating and managing capacity to ensure effective and sustainable allocation and delivery of critical program management activities,
• identifying dependencies, issues, and challenges early to avoid delays and enable efficient execution and continuous improvement, and
• ensuring consistent implementation of PMO standards, reporting and processes in compliance with Citi’s PMO policies, standards, and CAO transformation guidance
- Facilitating, coordinating, and arbitrating working groups with cross-functional teams to drive effectiveness, efficiency, partnership, and quality delivery
- Managing program implementation, deliverables tracking and progress reporting
- Identifying and communicating program-level risks, defining mitigation strategies, and managing escalations
- Performing end-to-end review and challenge to confirm quality, completeness, and adequacy of delivery against Citi PMO policies, standards, and procedures
- Appropriately assessing risk when business decisions are made, applying sound ethical judgment regarding conduct and business practices, and escalating program issues with transparency
- Implementing leading practices to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and strengthen the team’s capabilities
- Attract program resources, establish performance management goals, and support the success and development of talent to ensure growth and sustainability of the R&C PMO
• 15-20+ years of relevant risk and program management experience, within the Financial Services industry and/or Big Four consulting
• Deep governance and domain expertise in financial and non-financial risk, program management, and organizational design
• A successful track record applying project management methodologies and approaches such as Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Six Sigma, and process engineering
• Elite-class experience in risk management disciplines in a global bank environment (e.g., enterprise risk, credit risk, market risk, operational risk, risk identification, risk appetite, etc.)
• Subject matter experience in banking regulations and risk management supervisory expectations for global financial institutions and a strong business understanding of the products and services Citi offers
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to comfortably interact effectively with senior internal clients, project managers and cross functional stakeholders
• Well-developed listening, influencing and collaboration skills and ability to engage senior managers, identify and influence decision makers, defuse conflict and work toward agreement
• Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and self-motivation to manage deadlines, unexpected changes, make reasoned decisions under pressure, ask difficult questions, and challenge existing processes
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to quickly grasp new subject matter and apply an analytical mindset to think proactively and strategically, identify gaps and propose solutions
• Ability to quickly come up to speed on multiple topics concurrently (e.g., risk frameworks, processes that are being remediated / transformed) to be able to understand program objectives and to oversee / contribute effectively to their execution
Advanced degree preferred: Masters or MBA in Finance, Economics, or other analytical discipline
MS Teams, Excel, PowerPoint , JIRA, Confluence , SharePoint, Tableau
Job Family Group:
Project and Program Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi (https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility/application-accessibility.htm) .
View the "EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
View the EEO Policy Statement (http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeo_aa_policy.pdf) .
View the Pay Transparency Posting (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citigroup Jobs