Helen of Troy Sales Assistant - OXO in New York, New York
Join our OXO Team at Helen of Troy as a Sales Assistant and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
At OXO, we're on a quest to make every day better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before - especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this," then you belong here.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day, and think you should, too!
**Hybrid Schedule:** Our NYC team has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office an average of three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding any changes to our hybrid schedule will be communicated as we continue to closely monitor COVID-19 with employee safety as our priority.
**What you'll be doing:**
As a Sales Assistant you will proactively support members of the sales team, ensuring the Sales Manager and key retailers receive the tools, attention, and information needed to thrive. The ideal candidate will magnify the Sales Managers efficiency by tackling administrative tasks and special projects as the need arises. This role spearheads the follow-up on customer and sales representatives' requests.
- Coordinates presentation materials and appropriate samples for meetings with key retailers
- Creates and/or approves sample orders as well as prototype and sample shipments to and from the Sales Representatives/Accounts directly
- Maintains running records of meeting minutes and follow-ups
- Maintains one-on-one relationships with the Sales Representatives/Brokers to meet their needs and further OXO's goals and acts as the point-of-contact in the Sales Manager's absence
- Compiles data for the Sales Representative/Broker use, i.e., product rankings, set-up information, special promotions or new product briefings
- Ownership of new item set-up paperwork. Fills various requests, including document and image requests through Salsify
- Collaborate and work closely with other sales assistants for special projects
- Works closely with the Customer Service and Special Projects teams to ensure PO's are shipping on time and without error
- Maintain and update customer assortment files as item transitions, new products and discontinuations occur
**Skills Needed To Be Successful:**
- Positive outlook and attitude toward the work
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1- 2 years' professional work experience, preferably sales, administrative, and marketing experience
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook, most importantly Excel
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written, listening skills required
- Ability to engage with all internal and external stakeholders on matters of sales strategy and support
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Demonstrated high level of sales support
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skills, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit **www.helenoftroy.com** . You can also find us on **LinkedIn** , **Glassdoor** , **Facebook** , **Instagram** and **Twitter** .
**Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.** We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in1968,Helen of Troy has grown into a leadingglobal consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Osprey®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Braun®, Vicks®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank \#1 or \#2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great.We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centricinnovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services tomake them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.