Penguin Random House LLC Sales Assistant - Publishing Services in New York, New York
Penguin Random House Publishing Services (PRHPS) is seeking a sales assistant to join their creative and collaborative team. PRHPS provides sales and distribution services to a wide roster of independent client publishers that promote innovative and award-winning books in the categories of children’s, adult, arts & crafts, food & drink, and more.
Supporting a Sales Director and two Sales Managers, the assistant will be in touch regularly with sales channels across the company, as well as publishing operations and marketing liaisons. The assistant will help prepare for sales meetings, act as a liaison between the sales managers, client publishers, and other departments across the company.
If you are interested in trends in book publishing and learning about the selling process for books, this may be an ideal role for you!
• Assist Sales Managers with day-to-day client publisher queries
• Collect and maintain seasonal materials for publishers, including: comp titles and estimate due dates, alerting publishers of final estimates; managing metadata and sell-in material sweeps
• Maintain seasonal meeting materials for all publishers; reminding publishers of due dates and meeting dates/times; tracking receipt of agendas, TI sheets, and presentations from publishers and maintaining accuracy of title information
• Tracking and announcing drop-in titles
• Provide regular sales reporting to clients and sales managers as needed
• Distribute advances and tracking receipt of sales materials for reps as requested
• Manage gathering and sharing sales rep feedback with client publishers
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter with enthusiasm and ability to take initiative
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience in publishing or bookselling a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York City Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 159701
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs