Penguin Random House LLC Sales Assistant - Specialty Retail Sales in New York, New York
Sales Assistant – Special Markets
The Penguin Random House Special Markets division is seeking a Sales Assistant to support the In House and Direct Market team in their sales efforts. Specifically, this team is responsible for selling titles across a wide variety of imprints to our Niche Accounts, like Comic Stores, Health & Wellness, New Age and Spiritual, and other lifestyle specialties.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepares sales materials such as title collections and materials for Sales meetings
• Assist with content creation and asset research for comic and specialty retail sales websites
• Craft targeted pitches
• Create seasonal PowerPoint presentations, and newsletters
• Provides general administrative support for the department
• Follow and track inventory for seasonal plan-o-grams
• Prepare new title set up forms
• Follow up on customer orders and sample requests
• Capture and maintain notes on progress and upload to Salesforce
• Communicate with Imprint Sales Team to ensure all requisite materials are sourced for seasonal sell-in
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Strong interest in a sales position with a publishing company
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive with strong follow-up skills
• Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Experience in Salesforce or Mailchimp preferred
• Interest in comics, manga, anime is a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 183243
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs