Amazon Web Services Sales & Marketing HR Leader, AWS in New York, New York
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Are you both data savvy and emotionally intelligent? We are looking for a dynamic HR professional to join our Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a HR Leader aligned to ProServe Americas teams within our AWS Sales & Marketing organization.
The role can be based out of our any AWS Corporate hub (i.e. Seattle, WA, Arlington, VA, Boston, MA, Dallas, TX, NYC, NY). Flexibility in location available based on individual experience and proximity to customers.
In this position, you will help your business leaders to develop and execute HR priorities that enable business priorities and foster the employee experience. It requires strong leadership and team collaboration across global leadership teams, as well as Amazon wide projects and HR initiatives. We are looking for a seasoned professional who will partner with business leaders on strategic people initiatives, has the ability to implement and optimize HR programs and processes, as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions aligned with labor relations, HR policies, processes.
We are looking for a Human Resources leader who has the ability to diagnose issues and influence long term solutions and outcomes. You must be able to collaborate across groups, influence all levels of the organization. You should be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and engaging on a hands on basis with individuals and teams as well as operating strategically with leadership teams. You will need strong business acumen, executive coaching skills, excellent communications skills, strategic thinking, and planning/project management skills. You must be able to balance competing priorities and conflicting opinions, and facilitate the best decisions for employees and the business in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
Responsibilities for the role include:
· Develop and implement people plans and solutions in order to achieve people initiatives and deliver results.
· Partner with senior leaders and their leadership teams to develop the talent strategy needed to support our tremendous growth, and build a work environment where employees can thrive and grow.
· Working closely with specialist central HR teams, as well as matrixed site and international HR colleagues, keep the right focus on assessing the HR needs in areas such as performance management, talent acquisition, career development, diversity and compensation/rewards.
· Function as a consultant and counselor to key leaders and their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into HR plans.
· Partner with the business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
· Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
· Partner with the business to lead reviews focused on succession planning, talent development and organizational health priorities.
· Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
· Work with line managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
· Partner with the AWS talent acquisition team to build systemic and scalable recruiting programs to create a sustainable pipeline of talent.
Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, as appropriate
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
· 10+ years of experience in an HR generalist leadership role, preferably in a high tech environment
· 5+ years experience working with global teams, and driving organizational change initiatives and developing talent management plans for a global organization
· Previous employee relations and talent assessment experience
· Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing and problem solving.
· Depth of pragmatic experience with compensation planning, negotiation, and implementation.
· An ability and desire to own a space, provide thought leadership, and catalyze results.
· Strong judgment and employee relations experience.
· Expertise in assessing management and executive talent.
· Broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource theory, including employee relations, learning, and performance management.
· Work experience in the tech industry, or if not, successful tenure at two different industries.
· Deep understanding of "what great HR looks like" and how business cycles influence the people agenda.
· Excellent business acumen and an ability to understand a P&L.
· Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing and problem-solving.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs