Penguin Random House LLC Sales Marketing Manager, Random House in New York, New York
Sales Marketing Manager, Random House
We are currently seeking a Sales Marketing Manager to join the Random House integrated marketing and publicity department.
You know the importance of a concise elevator pitch, concrete stats, and comparative titles to position a book. You enjoy the challenge of meeting deadlines while finding creative ways to streamline processes. You have a keen eye for detail but can easily shift gears to work in broad strokes. You thrive in an environment where each day is different than the last, collaborating on sales materials for titles ranging from mysteries to memoirs to meditations, spreading the word about books that entertain, enlighten, and inspire.
• Liaison with publishing team and sales directors to manage and track key seasonal, monthly, weekly, and drop in sales materials including Title Information Sheets, trade catalogs, editorial sales presentations, and advance reading materials
• Streamline process and implement efficiencies
• Review Title Information Sheets and trade catalog content, suggesting edits/additions in accordance with best practices
• Work with publishing managers to communicate deadlines, best practices, and processes for all editorial-provided sales materials
• Train new editorial hires on Title Information system and best practices
• Manage advance reading materials in collaboration with deputy publishers, sales directors, marketing/publicity, and production; Write galley copy as needed
• Follow up on sales meeting action items with publishing team; Create slides and sellsheets for sales meetings as needed
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Deadline-driven and detail-oriented while also able to assess bigger-picture goals
• Editing, proofreading, and writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Experience in a sales team environment for a media company a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 165037
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs