Penguin Random House LLC Sales Marketing Operation Assistant, RH in New York, New York
We are currently seeking a Sales Marketing Operations Assistant to orchestrate sales materials for our industry-leading reps. As a key liaison between publishing, marketing/publicity, and sales, this role on the sales marketing team is responsible for keeping the “trains” running on time – and inspected for top sales-driving performance. This position provides an intensive education in trade book publishing in a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative environment, and will work across all Random House division imprints.
The ideal candidate:
• You have been hailed as an organizational mastermind, thrive on beating deadlines, and your attention to detail is finely tuned
• You have excellent time-management skills, a team mindset, and a graceful communication style
• You can quickly switch gears to accommodate projects that drop into the schedule and streamline where needed to achieve efficiency
• You can easily switch hats to focus on creating memorable and effective presentations
• And perhaps most of all, you want to help spread the word about amazing books that educate, entertain, and inspire
Day-to-day tasks will include:
• Coordinating with publishing teams to communicate and track deadlines, best practices, and processes for sales materials, such as catalog copy, recorded editorial presentations, and early excerpts/reading materials
• Reviewing and proofreading catalog copy, suggesting edits in accordance with best practices, and ensuring all edits have been completed
• Trafficking catalog copy to publishers, web copy team, and Sales Directors; ensuring deadlines are met and providing materials to Sales Reps by respective deadline
• Scheduling weekly and seasonal sales meetings and communicating/tracking follow-up with publishing and marketing/publicity teams
• Creating and proofreading PowerPoint presentations for sales meetings with a focus on key takeaways for each title; working with Publishing Managers and marketing/publicity teams to implement edits
• Editing audio recordings of editorial presentations
• Assisting with Advance Copy Program: soliciting quantities from publishing team and Sales Reps, coordinating with production team, monitoring inventory, creating early book mockups, and scheduling mailings
• Executing departmental administrative duties as needed
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Proven attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, take initiative, and work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
• Proofreading/copyediting and writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Experience such as ad/media trafficking or project management a plus
• Strong interest in book publishing and in books across genres
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 214041
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs