NetApp Sales Representative in New York, New York
We're forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can't do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it's in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
As an Enterprise SalesRep, you will serve as a dedicatedRep in NetApp's enterprise accounts segment, working with both existing & new customers. Your primary responsibility is to leverage personal and professional networks to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and buyers at a target group of enterprise accounts. You will nurture these relationships and contacts to cater to their needs and find ways to introduce NetApp's best-in-class products: Core, Cloud Infrastructure Services, and Cloud Data Services.
Sell NetApp products and services into new logo accounts
Leverage social and professional networks to identify and develop relationships within target accounts
Create relationship maps within target accounts with plans to expand depth and quality of relationships with buyers and influencers
Collaborate with sales engineers to oversee product targeting strategy based on customer industry and business requirements
Nurture relationships and target upgrade/refresh cycles to capitalize on opportunities for competitive carve out or introduction of NetApp products
Experience within Storage, Backup and the Data Center environment including Hybrid Cloud, Cloud Connected Storage, Virtualization, and Cloud Data Management
Demonstrated ability to speak credibly about cloud-connected storage, PaaS and IaaS
Experience successfully selling into technical user base including CIOs, CTOs, Cloud Architects, Application Owners, DevOps, SaaS Admins, and VP-level IT/Infrastructure buyers
Self-starter who is eager to engage and prospect buyers anywhere they are - phone, social media, email or in person
Ability to self-manage by creating personal initiatives & metrics to drive success
Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to ask insightful questions
Willingness to travel within assigned territory, on short notice, as needed
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customer make buying decisions.
- As a seasoned, experienced professional, with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures, this individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and medium to large accounts. - May have own account responsibility or work on a team.
- This individual effectively works with senior internal personnel within the function, some employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- Little management direction is provided on day to day work; general instructions are given on new assignments; as well as review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and contributes proactively to sales team efforts and positively influences decisions. May also act as a team leader and main decision maker for team projects.
A minimum of 5-8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or equivalent work experience.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world's biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
Colorado Residents Only: If the Company determines this role will be performed in Colorado, the starting salary for this position is (264600). This role could be eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), Company bonus, Employee stock purchase plan, and restricted stocks (RSU's) \*. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.