ASPCA Seasonal Animal Logistics Coordinator, Kitten Nursery in New York, New York
Please make sure to attach both a resume and cover letter to complete your application.
Are you a friendly, detail-oriented people-person who thrives in creating efficiency Do you excel at open, effective communications to keep things on track in a fast-paced, dynamic environment Are you passionate about animal welfare and the goodness of people and do you possess a strong interest in finding opportunities for people to help cats in a real and tangible way If so, you should consider the role of Animal Logistics Coordinator to be part of a committed Kitten Nursery team working to support kittens and nursing queens in New York City.
The Kitten Nursery cares for over 1,500 underage kittens and their mothers in a dedicated nursery environment as well as through an expanding foster program. Once these kittens are healthy and happy 8-week-olds, the Kitten Nursery helps them get ready for adoption through the ASPCA Adoption Center and transfer to partner shelters.
The Animal Logistics Coordinator facilitates the deep engagement in the mission of the ASPCA through the recruitment, support and celebration of hundreds of dedicated foster volunteers. He or she will play a key role in ensuring the health and well-being of the foster population by providing support for our foster volunteers as well as logistical needs, including scheduling medical check-up appointments. The Animal Logistics Coordinator will organize animal intake, movement, scheduling, and transfers to help maximize the efficiency and impact of Nursery operations and ensure positive outcomes for felines in this program.
This is a part time role, 24 hours/weekly.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Cultivate positive and productive relationships with staff, foster families, and members of the public bringing kittens to the Nursery to support positive animal outcomes.
* Create medical records, PetPoint databse entries, ID collars and cage cards for intakes.
* Ensure sufficient and appropriate supplies are distributed to the foster volunteers.
* Schedule foster re-check and return appointments.
* Assist the Nursery Logistics team in managing communication regarding new intakes.
* Manage a foster on deck process to find foster placement from the ASPCAs database of volunteers within 24 hours to ensure timely, efficient flow of animals into care
* Schedule appropriate services, including recheck examinations and Community Medicine and AAH appointments, to coincide with foster returns and timely, efficient movement throughout an animals stay
* Update PetPoint and Impromed databases as necessary for intake and outcome of animals as well as scheduling of appointments; assist with medical data into records for foster recheck and return appointments
* Provide complete charts for veterinary exams and procedures ensuring all test results and follow-up paperwork are included. Retrieve and assure completed paperwork is in the chart for all procedures, surgeries and consults
* File, retrieve and transfer medical records for animals that have been and are currently housed at 91st Street.
* Partner with the Director and Adoption Center Manager, Transport to coordinate outbound transports of kittens to destination shelters
* Ensure all animals have received appropriate foster medical discharges and/or adoption medical discharges prior to placement or transfer to the Adoption Center
* Send and retrieve medical records and health certificates to and from ACC and placement partners
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor
EXEMPLIFIES THE ASPCAS CORE VALUES:
* Has COMMITMENT and dedication to improving the lives of animals
* Demonstrates OWNERSHIP and feels responsible for outcomes
* Believes in TEAM that we are stronger together
* Seeks to ELEVATE others and reimagine what is possible
* Focuses on IMPACT, specifically making change for animals
QUALIFICATIONS:Able to maintain open min...