Deckers Retail LLC Seasonal Assistant Store Manager, HOKA in New York, New York
Our goal is to inspire people to move, and to drive forward with purpose and passion. We bring a bold and unexpected approach to the products we create, crafting innovative solutions for athletes of all types. However, people find joy in movement, HOKA is here to empower and support them to help them take flight.
At HOKA, were committed to creating a more equitable future for both our employees and the customers we serve. This means that we create and maintain hiring practices that ensure a diverse and representative workforce. Because by celebrating a culture of inclusion one where employees are able to freely contribute equally we are doing more than hiring a team of people to sell shoes. Were bringing together people who are passionate about telling stories, making connections, creating experiences, and building lasting relationships.
Our Assistant Store Managers are integral to the success of our stores. As an Assistant Manager, its your job to partner closely with the Store Manager to develop team members, provide the best customer service possible, and communicate our companys values, vision, and mission. As an Assistant Store Manager, you know how to effectively navigate a complex business to satisfy customers and develop team members while working under the pressure of competing business priorities.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you work closely with the Store Manager to ensure that the business is aligned with the interests of the company, its employees, and the local community. In this role, you partner with the Store Manager to develop and engage team members and achieve budgeted revenue goals, while assisting in all aspects of the business. Its your job to aid in the selecting of team members who pursue passions that relate to the HOKA brand and its products. You maintain high training standards and know how to motivate and inspire your team members to contribute to the productivity of the store, while being available to address and respond to the needs of your customers and team members. Further, you understand that the needs of the business extend beyond the stores four walls, which requires that you continually cultivate awareness of industry trends.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you aid in the day-to-day operations of the store including training, operations, sales, visual merchandising, inventory management, store administration, and customer service. The Assistant Store Manager is also responsible for opening and closing the store, securing all assets, planning and preparing the labor schedule, maintaining the store security system, and acting as the Store Manager in their absence.
As an effective Assistant Store Manager, you know how to:
- Develop and motivate team members to create empowered and engaged teams
- Ensure the highest level of customer service possible and prioritize brand and product knowledge training
- Communicate effectively with customers, team members, management, and corporate stakeholders
- Set plans and targets and entrust team members appropriately
- Think critically to resolve problems and approach challenges with agility
- Identify industry trends and educate your team members about the current market
- Assist in the execution of store strategies that enhance customer satisfaction, expand traffic, and optimize profitability
- Manage inventory and partner with corporate stakeholders to meet the needs of your market
- Two (2) to four (4) years minimum retail store management experience preferred.
- Associates Degree (preferred) or equivalent experience required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey the HOKA and Deckers Brands Vision and Mission to your team members and customers
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work through challenges
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Flexibility of schedule and hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Flexibility to travel to meet the needs of the business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools and applications.
- Valid drivers license.
As part of our HOKA Family, you belong to more than a performance lifestyle company. From our corporate offices to our retail stores across the globe, we value giving people the freedom to pursue their passions, express their individuality, and are committed to helping them succeed. Were proud to offer a wide range of benefits to best recognize the important role each person plays in the Deckers Brands mission. Youll discover many benefits of working at Deckers Brands including competitive pay, discounts, perks, global contests, as well as opportunities for growth and development.
**Equal Employment Opportunity**
**All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.**
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity