Mattel Seasonal Cafe Lead (VAR) in New York, New York
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
*The Team: *The Café Lead/Lead Café position is part of the American Girl New York City bistro team, which is located inside the retail store.
The Opportunity: *The American Girl New York City retail store and cafe is looking for a dynamic individual for the *Seasonal Lead Cafeposition to assist the Restaurant Management Team with daily restaurant operations. If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, have strong knowledge of both front- and back-of-house operations, and can calmly and diplomatically resolve customer and staff issues, we want to hear from you.
*What Your Impact Will Be: *
- Support the Restaurant Leadership Team in overseeing staffing, hiring, coaching/training, purchasing/vendor relations, inventories, maintaining food/beverage service standards, and ensuring safety and sanitation standards.
- Assist the team in achieving department revenue and expense goals.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with their dining experience and oversee resolution of any customer service issues.
- Ensure food quality and consistency, special requests and special dietary needs and performs tasks in absence of the Restaurant Leadership Team.
- Work with Restaurant and Store Management teams to deliver exceptional events and programs.
- Maintain on-going communications with both staff and management.
- Maintain and troubleshoot operational issues, including restaurant/kitchen equipment, Guestbridge reservation, POS, and InfoGenesis software systems.
- Leads by example in all areas of the business.
*What We’re Looking For: *
- Restaurant experience in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, with both front and back of house operations exposure, preferred.
- Experience working with children, preferred.
- Current State Sanitation Certification, ServSafe, and Safe Alcohol Consumption Certification, preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Eatec system, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), InfoGenesis/Universal Desktop, Guestbridge reservation systems, JTech paging system, POS systems, inventory systems, and basic office equipment (copiers and fax), preferred
- Ability to perform diverse physical tasks, including constant walking and standing, and some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/Disability/Vet
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Posting Title: Seasonal Cafe Lead (VAR)
Requisition Number: 210531
Location: New York, New York
Zip Code: 10019
Job Category: Sales