Deckers Retail LLC Seasonal Sales Lead in New York, New York
The PT Sales Lead aids in the opening and closing of the retail store in strict compliance with company policies and procedures, consistent with the short and long-term interests of the Company, its employees and the local environment in which we work and live. He/she will consistently provide our customers with the highest level of service and assist the store management team while monitoring the customer experience and driving sales. He/she must be knowledgeable of all products, promotions and company marketing initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet all customers promptly and courteously as they enter the store.
- Direct customers throughout the store or to the specific area the customer requests. Find out the specific needs of each person that enters the store.
- Give accurate and current information about the product for all inquiries; if the correct information is not at hand, do everything possible to provide an answer before the customer leaves the store.
- Understand and effectively communicate the return policy.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude and cooperate with teamwork.
- Apply the above standards to all phone inquiries.
Human Resources/Team Development:
- Instill in employees the meaning and importance of customer service as outlined in Be the Brand service program by observation, feedback and role modeling exceptional service.
- Responsible for partnering with Store Management Team to train and develop new sales associates.
- Inspire employees to contribute to the overall productivity of the store and lead by example.
- Promote a positive work environment by recognizing outstanding performance and maintaining a respectful work place.
- Communicate any special customer requests to management as it relates to product or service
- Be personally available to all customers to communicate and identify their needs and address their questions and concerns.
- Ensures the sales floor is clean and organized at all times.
- High School Diploma
- 1 2 years experience in retail store management
- Work/Life Balance
- Integrity & Trust
- Effective Team Building
- Managerial Courage
- Continuous Change
- Customer Focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from management, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Effective empowering communicator, good problem solver
- Knowledgeable in current trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent team-building and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Manual dexterity required.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity