Jewish Community Center Seasonal Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) Worksite Monitor in New York, New York
The Y is proud to partner with the Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) to provide work readiness and job placement to over 700 youth through the Summer Youth Employment Program for Older Youth (SYEP OY). SYEP provides New York City youth between the ages of 14 and 21 with summer employment and educational experiences that capitalize on their strengths, develop their skills and competencies, and connect them to positive adult role models.
The Worksite Monitors primary role is to enhance our participant's experience by ensuring a safe and productive work environment. The Worksite Monitor acts as a liaison between SYEP OY administrative team, Worksite Supervisor, and our participants. The role is designed to offer support to SYEP OY participants in the field.
- Manage a caseload of participants and worksites to assist with troubleshooting and DYCD compliance.
- Complete pre-assessment to ensure worksite complies with DYCD requirements.
- Assist with Career Fair events, orientations, and participant enrollment.
- Conduct weekly worksite visits to monitor participants' activities and provide a detailed weekly assessment via YEPS.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to discuss field trends and best practices.
- Report participant/worksite updates and violations to SYEP leadership team.
- Collect participants' timesheets and ensure accuracy.
- Develop positive relationships with worksite supervisors and participants.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Assist with the collection of missing documents and close out packages.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Seasonal position with full-time hours
- Period covered: June- August 2019
- Monday - Friday; eight-hour workday (plus half an hour unpaid lunch)
- 100% travel within five boroughs
- Based out of the Y office
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other functions and responsibilities may change or may be assigned.
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Hourly Rate: $18/hr
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma required. College degree, preferred.
- Experience working with youth of different abilities and diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of SYEP
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Able to work independently
WORK AUTHORIZATION & CLEARANCE
- Documentation of U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Must pass the background check and other pre-employment requirements
Established in 1917, the YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood ("the Y") is a not-for-profit Jewish community center that welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs. We offer a wide range of educational, recreational, and social services programs to enhance the quality of life of the people we serve. From topnotch early childhood education and youth development programs to innovative senior center services, there's always something for everyone at the Y!
Date Posted: 02/11/2020
Title: Seasonal Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) Worksite Monitor
JCC: YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
Location: New York, NY