Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC Senior Associate, Capital Markets Advisory in New York, New York
This role sits within the Financial Services, Capital Markets practice (FSI) at Alvarez and Marsal in London. We work with clients across the EMEA FS space and focus on banks, asset managers, funds, trading firms, exchanges and other specialised FS firms.
Through our practice, we provide assistance to FSI institutions that are transforming, underperforming or in need of reorganisation / restructuring. Working directly with our client's senior leadership, A& M's involvement reassures all stakeholders that the company is taking important steps to maximise its value.
A& M's FSI professionals work on some of the world's most high-profile programmes in a rapidly transforming financial services landscape, striving for game-changing solutions that provide impactful long-term change. Our global team is comprised of highly skilled consultants and seasoned financial services executives from diverse backgrounds.
**The Purpose of the role:**
An opportunity exists for a couple of EMEA FSI consultants (Associate / Senior Associate level) based out of our London office.
Excited by the opportunities and challenges that the EMEA FS sector faces in today's challenging market, the successful candidates will deliver solutions to address the most important business objectives.
The consultants will work with our existing team to build the profile and reputation of A& M in the Financial Services sector across Europe.
You will support the delivery of performance improvement projects within the FS industry, where the challenge is the delivery of rapid and high-impact transformation that delivers tangible value. Assignments will range from identifying actions to drive revenue, designing a new target-operating-model, implementing a transformation plan, managing a post-merger integration to conducting a strategic technology diagnosis.
To do this effectively, you will need to:
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in the client's business and with professionals from leading Financial Services institutions;
- Be an action-oriented self-starter with strong analytical skills and entrepreneurial flair;
- Be comfortable working independently as well as in a high performing team;
- Producing extensive financial / operational / business modelling and analysis;
- Support client bids, producing high quality collateral and proposals to highlight value
- Playing a significant role in the production of client deliverables and leading / attending senior client meetings;
- Project management small teams of internal and external stakeholders to deliver value
- In joining a growing business, you will have the opportunity to be involved in business development activities and will join the team meetings where WIP, project pipeline, resourcing, marketing and business development initiatives are discussed. You will be actively involved in these discussions and be an integrated part of the FIAS team.
- Prior experience in Financial Services advisory, including performance improvement, merger integration initiatives, transformation, project management;
- Experience delivering rapid diagnostic programmes with a focus on data analysis, hypothesis formulation, and identifying efficiency opportunities;
- Experience within Investment banking, Asset Management, trading firms, funds is highly desirable;
- Work experience within a strategy-focused Consulting Firm (either Big4, MBB or an FS-focused boutique) and, when possible, another experience in the FS industry;
- Excellent financial modelling skills (Excel) and presentation skills (PowerPoint, Word);
- Strong business writing skills & reports - appropriate for management board level;
- Any additional European language skills would be highly desirable;
- Strong stakeholder management skills at senior levels;
- Willingness to travel often (mainly within Europe);
- Education: strong degree from a leading University and / or MBA from a leading Business School.
**Why A& M?**
Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A& M) for leadership, action and results. A& M's leadership is about a bias towards action and the willingness to tell clients what we think is needed. Our restructuring heritage sharpens our ability to act decisively. Clients select us for our deep expertise and ability to create and deliver practical, rather than theoretical, solutions to their unique problems in addition to our objectivity.
Privately held since its founding in 1983, A& M is a leading global professional services firm that provides advisory, business performance improvement and turnaround management services. When conventional approaches are not enough to create transformation and drive change, clients seek our deep expertise and ability to deliver practical solutions to their unique problems.
With over 6, 000 people across four continents, we deliver tangible results for corporates, boards, private equity firms, law firms and government agencies facing complex challenges. Our senior leaders, and their teams help companies act decisively, catapult growth and accelerate results. We are experienced operators, world-class consultants, former regulators and industry authorities with a shared commitment to telling clients what's really needed for turning change into a strategic business asset, managing risk and unlocking value at every stage of growth.
**Diversity & Inclusion**
A& M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A& M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A& M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
**Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters**
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity