Helen of Troy Nevada Corporation Senior Brand Communications Manager - OXO in New York, New York
We are hiring a Senior Brand Communications Manager for our New York City office.
At OXO, we're on a quest to make the everyday better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before-especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this", you belong here, too.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day and think you should, too.
What contribution will I make to OXO?
Drive OXO's brand marketing and content strategy to win the hearts and minds of consumers while growing brand awareness, growth and loyalty among key audiences.
What you'll be doing
- Drive and evolve OXO's brand marketing and content strategy across channels, including but not limited to advertising programs, social media, OXO blog, partnerships/sponsorships and brand-building email
- Stay on top of performance across channels and adjust strategy and content in real time to ensure goals are met
- Partner with internal Brand Design team to ensure creation of effective, creative brand-right content to support marketing programs
- Assist brand communications director in managing agency relationships
- Liaise with international teams to ensure brand-right localization of content
- Assist with new and existing research initiatives to mine insight and enhance understanding of the OXO consumer
- Distill relevant learnings from consumer feedback and marketing channels, then leverage information to create and optimize strategies and tactics
- Partner with eCommerce team on data collection and analysis to inform marketing and content strategies
- Partner cross-functionally to aggregate and share consumer insights, including leveraging data from retailers as appropriate
- Represent the voice of the consumer in internal discussions
- Lead direct report to execute all marketing programs with excellence
- Oversee/manage workflow for direct report to encourage on-the-job learning and ensure success
- Manage and mentor direct report to hone and grow their skillset and thrive in their position
- With help of Brand Communications Director, clearly define role for direct report that supports both career development and meeting team goals
- Ongoing scan/reporting of relevant industry/brand/marketing trends
- Attend conferences and other educational events; facilitate team participation as appropriate
- Partner with other Helen of Troy divisions and brands to knowledge share and learn best practices
What are the requirements for Consideration?
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- 5+ years' experience in brand and digital marketing, ideally for a brand with passionate end users
- Agency management experience preferred but not required
- Extensive knowledge and experience with established and emerging social platforms
- Knowledge and experience with email marketing strategy development and execution
- Knowledge and experience with digital marketing measurement models and with Google Analytics
- Proven track record of successfully managing digital programs geared towards driving consumers through the purchase funnel
- Strong experience working cross-functionally
- Strong experience creating digital content - written and visual - to communicate brand messaging
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.