Axis Senior Claims Specialist - Primary Casualty in New York, New York
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Please note this role requires a hybrid work schedule three days per week in the office. This role can be based in any of these Axis office locations: Alpharetta, GA, NYC, Berkeley Heights, NJ, Princeton, NJ
• Highest level individual contributor directly reviewing claims to determine nature of loss, coverage provided, and scope of claim
• Excels in a best practices claim environment, thoroughly documenting the claim process
• Responsible for the timely evaluation, reserving and disposition of assigned claims
• Documents coverage, investigation, damages, reserve rationale, negotiations, etc. associated with claim
• Investigates potentially fraudulent claims and takes appropriate action
• Makes recommendations for settlement/disposition of claims
• Identifies opportunities for contribution, subrogation and contribution to the claim
• Prepares required reports to senior management
• Travels to mediations or settlement conferences as required
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
• Juris Doctorate Degree, MBA or equivalent work experience a plus
• Typically requires 7 to 10 years of related experience handling claims in a primary commercial casualty insurance environment or equivalent
• Supervisory experience or perspective
• Experience handling New York Labor Law, Product Liability and Complex litigation claims
• Proficient in independently analyzing coverage, identifying issues and preparing coverage correspondence
• Proficient in drafting coverage correspondence, experience writing coverage letters and responding to/issuing tenders
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
• Claims adjuster license required; valid adjusting licenses in required states and additional states as needed
• Minimum of 3-5 years general liability claim adjusting experience required
• Experience or exposure to handling commercial general liability claims on behalf of a syndicate, insurance company, broker, loss adjuster or solicitor
• Attain expert comfort level in remote and work from home virtual working practices and platforms
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to liaise with numerous customers, both internal and external
• Solid understanding of individual and group performance metrics and KPIs
• Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint , OneNote and SharePoint preferred
• Availability for occasional travel post current environmental conditions
• Team player who has a positive outlook, flexible, organized, efficient and timely
For this position, we currently expect to offer a base salary in the range of $105K-125K GA, $125K-160K NY, $120K-150K NJ . The specific salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including the experience of the successful candidate and their work location.
The specific salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including the experience of the successful candidate and their work location.
In addition, all employees are eligible for competitive incentive targets, with awards based on overall corporate and individual performance. On top of this, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.
Rewarding. Challenging. Meaningful.
We are shaping the direction of Insurance and Reinsurance during a critical and exciting time for the industry.
Whether you are a student approaching graduation or a seasoned professional looking for a new environment, AXIS has the right challenges and career opportunities for you. At AXIS, we value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the success of our company.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.