Axis Senior Claims Specialist in New York, New York
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
AXIS Insurance is a world leader in specialty lines insurance, including professional liability within the US market. We are seeking a talented and dynamic claims professional to join our Design Professional & Environmental & Surety (DP&E) claims team as a Senior Claims Specialist. This individual will primarily handle claims arising from Environmental Package Policies. He/she will directly review casualty, environmental, professional liability, and excess claims to determine nature of loss, coverage provided, scope of claim, and make recommendations considering resolution of claims.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Excels in best practices claim environment, thoroughly documenting the claim process
• Conducts investigations to determine liability, damages, and coverage.
• Timely makes recommendations regarding resolution strategy for such claims including reserve adequacy; executes such strategy on behalf of the company, with or without the help of outside counsel.
• Analyzes liability and damages issues in connection with complex primary and excess claims and maintaining appropriate documentation
• Analyzes insurance coverage issues and timely draft coverage letters
• Collaborates in the defense and resolution of claims
• Evaluates full pending of claims in connection with the posting and maintaining of accurate reserves
• Identify opportunities for contribution, subrogation, and risk transfer to the claim
• Maintains and develops relationships with brokers, risk managers and general counsels, and a variety of vendors
• Provides data and analytic based-informational support to underwriters
• Provides support to underwriters with respect to marketing efforts, policy wording, and trending discussions.
• May provide technical advice and/or training to junior level claims staff
• Travel to mediations or trials as required
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, and Training:
• A Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school or equivalent work experience
• 4+ years of experience involving casualty, environmental, and/or professional claims, either in house or in private practice
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team, interact with others, meet deadlines, and successfully perform in a fast-paced, changing work environment
• Proficiency in draft coverage correspondence, experience writing coverage letters, and other reporting communications
Other Desired Skills & Characteristics
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
• Strong writing skills
• Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills
For this position, we currently expect to offer a base salary in the range of $105,000 - 125,000, (GA, KS)., $127,000-140,000 (IL), $128,000-$147,000 (NY/NJ). The specific salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including the experience of the successful candidate and their work location. In addition, all employees are eligible for competitive incentive targets, with awards based on overall corporate and individual performance. On top of this, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.
Rewarding. Challenging. Meaningful.
We are shaping the direction of Insurance and Reinsurance during a critical and exciting time for the industry.
Whether you are a student approaching graduation or a seasoned professional looking for a new environment, AXIS has the right challenges and career opportunities for you. At AXIS, we value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the success of our company.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.